OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating 1.5 billion diners every year across more than 50,000 restaurants.
The Messaging team helps to market OpenTable and to bring restaurant hospitality outside of their four-walls, facilitating delightful pre- and post-dining experiences, via email, push notifications, automated phone systems, and in-product messages. Our communications are business critical for restaurants, driving meaningful diner behavior changes (like fewer no-shows), and business-critical for OpenTable, driving engagement and significant revenue.
As Principal Product Manager, you would be the product leader of our London office, and work personally with Messaging design and engineering teams.
About the role
- Own product vision and strategy for Messaging across the OpenTable ecosystem
- Work closely with engineers by openly and continuously communicating product vision, delivery objectives, and priorities
- Be the voice of the customer; partner closely with user research and design teams to understand users’ needs, mindsets, and segments.
- Work with engineering and design to build delightful user experiences that turn customers into advocates, deepen engagement, and reinforce brand
- Operate independently, setting and achieving objectives that drive business results
- Collaborate with product development teams. OpenTable teams win-as-one; you develop positive relationships with your colleagues across OpenTable and use these relationships to craft great products
- Work with your team to identify hypothesis, and then rigorously test and iterate on them
- Participate in team scrums and sprint planning, define and prioritize tasks, and groom the backlog
- Communicate clearly and efficiently
- Coach & mentor other product managers in the London office
Experience & skills required
- Proven experience building & shipping successful products at significant scale
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- 2+ years experience working on messaging (email, push, in-product, or other)
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience leading product managers
- Restaurant or hospitality industry experience
- (from managing a fine-dining restaurant to working as a host in college)
- Demonstrated, real passion for food and dining