This is a key role within a disruptive digital start-up in the metals and construction industry, in its third year of trading that is pursuing ambitious growth objectives. This role will be part of the product team, reporting to the Head of Product Strategy and working alongside UI Design, Product Analyst and an in-house engineering team.
This role will be responsible for championing a user-centric approach to product design. It will be your job to get under the skin of our key users and design experiences that seamlessly achieve their goals and help to remove pain points. While this role has a clear focus on user experience design, you will be operating as a specialist product manager and expected to balance customer frictions and needs with our business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement user research activities (directly and via agencies) in order to enhance our understanding of our key user groups and inform UX strategy. This may include but is not limited to surveys, calls, observational exercises, usability testing, workshops etc.;
- Develop a clear set of principles and personas to support user centred design and development and ensure these are effectively embedded across all aspects of the business;
- Lead the design and delivery of A/B testing initiatives to inform UX design, development and prioritisation and contribute to optimising performance.
- Make recommendations for new improvements or opportunities that will support key business objectives, particularly related improving conversion, increasing digital engagement and differentiating our offering;
- Work with a range of key internal stakeholders to plan and deliver any UX related initiatives, taking ownership of all aspects like scoping (including business value, cost and timings); requirements development (including user stories, acceptance criteria, testing) and impact review and evaluation;
- Deliver design concepts, user journeys, storyboards, process maps, wireframes and prototypes;
- Clearly articulate all design decisions and trade-offs to a range of key stakeholders, both verbally and visually;
- Regularly monitor behavioural patterns on our platforms (using tools like HotJar and Google Analytics) to capture behavioural insights related to our users and provide a strong evidence base for future product design.
Full job description available on request.
Target start date: August / September 2019