The Plum Guide
Job title: Growth Product Manager – Operations
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best vacation homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the
planet, accepting only the top 1%. We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test:
an exhaustive hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by
We launched three years ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 15-20% month on
month, expanded to six cities, vetted over 100,000 homes and are tracking over £25M in
annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe
(TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William
Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes),
Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more. At
the start of 2019, we raised a £14M Series B round from world-class VCs Talis Capital,
Hearst Ventures and Latitude.
We’re a hyper-growth startup, and hyper-growth is hard. For us to meet our target of growing
at 12% MoM, we have to be doing something significantly better than last month, every
single month. This requires a scientific, systematic and creative approach to growth, and this
is where you come in.
This is a diverse role, with a wide range of responsibilities — and absolutely crucial for us to
keep growing at hyper speed. You’ll have your own squad of engineers and access to
product design resource to make your objectives happen. Day-to-day, you’ll report directly
into the Product Director, with dotted lines into the Head of Performance Marketing and
Head of Brand.
You’ll take the rapid test-learn-iterate model we’re already running and take it to the next
level – you’ll be the architect of our scalable growth machine. In practice this means you’ll
need to be proactive in looking for growth opportunities across the business that align with
your Key Results, and have a system for prioritising brutally for impact. Then you need to be
shrewd, lean and entrepreneurial to make them happen as quickly as possible.
Example Key Results:
● Increase mobile CR from X to Y (you will effectively be the owner of Plum’s
● Increase guest-guest K-factor from X to Y (in collaboration with the brand team)
● Improve CR of PPC campaigns by X% by optimising our search algorithm for each (in
collaboration with the performance marketing team)
● Increase the average value of leads generated for our MM team from X to Y
Who we are looking for
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality or travel. The important thing is that
you are (long list, for a reason!):
● Able to show a track record of MoM growth in a fast-paced business (required)
● A systems-thinker
● Target driven and intensely commercial
● Instinctive with UX
● Mathematically natural
● Data-literate, data-driven
● A ruthless, efficient executor
● Well versed in analytics
● Someone who’s a team player and a positive, motivating person to be around
● Scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough
● Super entrepreneurial – you care about getting shit done. And when obstacles
inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle
● Super organised – able to project manage complex processes with multiple
● A self-starting learner, confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done
● An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling: not only will you
lead the operational expansion in a VC backed business, but will be coached by some
of the best.
● Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the founders and
management team to shape the company strategy and direction.
● Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups
of the next 10 years.
● Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of
discussions on tech, fundraising, product, brand and global expansion.
● Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we
hope it pays out for all.