We are a fully funded start-up (currently in stealth) that is building exciting AI solutions. Our team is comprised of highly qualified and driven talent from software, hardware and business worlds. We are looking for an experienced technical project manager for our New York City office.
- 8+ years as a software engineering project manager, delivering products/features in the field.
- A Bachelors or equivalent degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Deep experience with multiple Android-based and Web-based projects having taken software products to market.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with project life cycle management in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Pays attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of software lifecycle management tools such as Jira, Confluence, CircleCI, TestRails, etc. Comfortable working with multi-location teams and with remote collaboration tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of project management tools, including Microsoft Project and/or Smartsheets
- Co-define project scope, deliverables, demos, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners. Define and manage success metrics for the projects.
- Create and manage detailed project schedules. Understand, track and articulate issue, risks, action items and progress reports; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Supervise team members and ensure that deadlines are followed. Run scrums, sprint meetings
- Develop good understanding of technical stack, manage code reviews as well as architecture and technical design
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.