At BridgeU, our vision is to bring the power of big data and machine intelligence to high school students across the world, helping to improve decision-making at crucial stages of their lives. After closing a £4m Series A funding round in 2017, BridgeU is growing quickly, now with well over 100,000 students on our system. The near future contains some exciting challenges: as well as targeting 100% growth in our number of active users, we are currently launching a new business stream, selling to universities; this will enable universities to more efficiently reach out to international schools, understand the drivers for internationally mobile students, and ultimately improve access to underrepresented groups.
Our teammates are talented people that come from a variety of backgrounds. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture based on trust and kindness, which creates a good work environment that helps enriching the product and support we serve to our customers.
We currently have offices in London, Madrid and Hong Kong. We have 2 of these roles available, a Product Manager role available in London and a Senior Product Manager role in Madrid.
As a Product Manager at BridgeU, you’ll be joining our world-class product team in revolutionising how students around the world make decisions about higher education and careers.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-funded company on a mission to bring our data-driven approach to educational decisions to students all around the world. We’re lean and fast-moving, and there’ll be lots of opportunity for you to grow with us.
What you’ll be doing:
As Product Manager, you’ll play a vital role working with our CTO, product, sales, marketing, and customer success teams to define our roadmap, and contribute ideas to the company vision and our product strategy.
You’ll work closely with our sales, customer success and product teams to determine feature scope, and bridge the communication between those teams. You’ll funnel input from the sales and customer success teams into the product process, keep them up to speed with progress, and represent them and our users to the product team. And you’ll be the product team’s advocate to the sales and customer success teams.
You’ll work with incredible designers and developers to determine product functionality and UX, you’ll know what they’re working on at all times, keeping them focused on what’s important.
You’ll carefully design and define processes around the product, sales and customer success teams, but automate the processes when possible. You’ll be continuously evaluating and improving these processes.
You’ll own the User Research process and aim to validate that any assumption made internally addresses a real-world customer problem.
What you’ll bring:
- You’re a great problem-solver
- You’re a fantastic, clear communicator with stakeholders at all levels
- You’re driven by data and evidence
- You’re self-driven and able to lead
- You’re ready to work hard for something you’re passionate about, and you’re relentlessly focused on execution
We’re looking for:
- Examples where you’ve hacked together a process or created something to improve efficiency
- 2+ years product management experience in web/mobile
- A record of shipping product & execution
- Experience with agile project management tools such as Atlassian Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- A data-driven decision making approach and familiarity with product analytics tools such as Mixpanel or Amplitude
- Excellent soft skills and high emotional intelligence to work with cross-functional teams and customers
- A technical background is desirable (for automating processes, and understanding product development), but not essential
- Enthusiasm and positivity! The friendly culture at BridgeU is very important to us, and we believe that a positive attitude goes a long way.
What we’ll provide
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
- Personal development: the company can fund books, courses and conferences that can help you learn and grow.
- Investment time: every two weeks on Friday we spend time investing in our own learning or collaborating with projects that can benefit the company or the community.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- Annual offsite: we organise a retreat once a year where the whole company gets together
- Regular socials and early finish Fridays once a month
- A comfortable office stocked with fruit, tea/coffee, and snacks
- Career progression and development
- Private health insurance (upon completion of probation)
- Employer’s pension scheme
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach
We strive to be an awesome company to work for, making sure that the right processes are in place for everyone to work at their best. We believe strongly in work life balance and offer a work from home day, flexible working hours and 10% investment time.
We are a global team with a global mindset, cherishing and protecting diversity as one of our core values. We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team and with that in mind would especially encourage applications from female candidates, and any candidates from an ethnic minority background.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, marriage or civil partnership.