Summary of role:
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX Designer to help us meet customer needs. Being innovative and forward-thinking, you will be well versed in pushing the boundaries to produce high quality user experience solutions.
Engineers, designers, and product managers practice cross-discipline collaboration through pairing as we know this is how to grow skills, transfer knowledge, increase cooperation and deliver remarkable results. We work in small balanced teams and rotate between them frequently so that we can discover connected opportunities and explore new ideas together.
What you’ll be doing
This is a key role within the Cazoo product team, reporting into the Head of UX. The UX Designer will be responsible for user experience at Cazoo in a single workstream and work closely with product management, engineering, and the customer team to generate high impact designs that meet the needs of our customers.
Key to the success of the business is building trust in Cazoo in the context of a category that has low levels of trust today. Product design and the overall experience of our customers are a key part of our toolkit to build trust alongside broadcast advertising, content, and customer service.
The successful candidate for this role is passionate about engaging with customers through social channels, has a track record of driving customer growth for brands (especially e-commerce) and can collaborate effectively across teams in Marketing, Customer Service and Product/Tech.
Joining a startup at its birth is a rare opportunity – you’ll find yourself in a job that is full of energy and purpose, with a sense that anything’s possible. You’ll be joining well before the brand has launched to the UK public and you’ll play a vital role in the growth of our brand and business.
If you’re highly-motivated, can handle ambiguity, you’re customer obsessed and want to build an amazing brand, we’d love to talk to you.
- Practice design thinking methodologies in a team of multidisciplinary practitioners to solve complex problems
- Build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs
- Advocate for users and delivering designs in a dynamic work environment
- Conduct product discovery research, create prototypes as needed to validate ideas and concepts
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Work closely with product, engineering, research, and customer teams to develop use-cases and understand customer journeys
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Help define the right interaction model and evaluate its success through iteration and testing
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and project stakeholders for review and feedback
- Partner with development teams to build experiences: provide appropriate design specifications, create assets, and review finished interfaces.
- You are someone who can be an expert and advocate for user centered design methods, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs (system flows, GUIs, and CLIs) in a fast-moving product-service ecology
- Has experience conducting and leading product discovery efforts.
- Able to understand and synthesise data and insights to constantly improve customer understanding and effectiveness of communications.
- Has a strong attention to detail, can anticipate problems before they happen and proactively find solutions where possible.
- This person is intensely curious and has a thirst for knowledge – about the customer, about our business and our brand, about our competitors, about future trends & innovation.
- Experience of working in a digital retail/e-commerce business is an advantage.
- Experience contributing on cross discipline teams (e.g. working closely with engineering and Product Managers) is an advantage
- Experience of working in the automotive industry is not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.