The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Product Manager will work within Digital Solutions, positioned at the intersection of: business, technology, operations and user experience. Developing and supporting best in class digital reading experiences.
The Product Manager will focus on day-to-day problem solving and medium to long term
implementation and operation of new products, features and upgrades for commercial and end users across the mobile apps and mobile web portfolio.
The focus is to support the team’s objectives of maximizing opportunities in growing circulation and advertising revenue and ensuring digital editions are delivered to the high standard our readers and advertisers expect.
In this role you would be expected to be responsible for:
– End to end product and project management of a portfolio of digital products
– Stakeholder management with key representatives from around the business to ensure the success of the products managed
– Managing external development commercial relationships
– Producing clear product plans and roadmaps in line with the product strategy
– Managing the day to day agile development of the product portfolio
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
To succeed in this role you must have :
– Experience in product or project management of Apps or other digital products.
– Experience working in an agile development environment
– Innovation and creativity, be an idea generator
– Technical and commercial aptitude and ability to translate business needs into clearly defined functional specifications
– Exposure and/or direct involvement in legal contract negotiations
– Strong business analysis skills i.e. SWOT, risk analysis, scenario modelling skills
– A proactive approach to creating customer-focused packages
You will be able to demonstrate:
– Effective communication with a strong presence, good presentation skills and rapport with clients across all levels of seniority
– Independent and resourceful, but totally committed to being a team player, accustomed to sharing roadmaps and information with colleagues
– That you are well-organised and efficient at managing time to meet your commitments and deadlines with minimal supervision
– That you are technically competent and curious with the ability to grasp and articulate new business and technology issues
– Drive and determination to succeed, be results-oriented, a self-starter