Well Informed is the company behind Theory Test Pro, one of the UK’s largest driving test SaaS products with over 11 million page views each month and half a million registered students.
We are looking for a business-savvy product manager to join our agile team. You will own the product and be a key leader in making change happen.
Although we have our HQ in London, most of our team work remotely and are distributed across four countries (UK, Poland, Canada and USA). Well Informed is a profitable, bootstrapped, SaaS product company. We’re a small team, you’ll get to work with the founders and learn from people that have created successful software products.
Your broad responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the product feature backlog and identify areas for improvement
- Document requirements and create mockups for development
- Conduct ongoing usability testing of new features and existing products
- Deliver new product features, working closely with the software development team
- Monitor industry developments and act upon emerging trends
- Liaison with customer support team to ensure user satisfaction
Skills and experience
To do this job well, you must have all of the following essential skills and experience:
- At least three years relevant experience delivering online software products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on getting stuff done
- Strong business sense and good analytical skills
- Self motivated, driven and a good team leader
- Excellent organisation, planning and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of user experience
- Experience in roles with where you have both authority and responsibility to make things happen
You would have an upper-hand over other candidates if you have any of the following desirable skills and experience. Make sure you clearly highlight them in your cover letter.
- Experience in the motoring or driver training industry.
- Experience building B2B software products
- Experience in mobile projects
- Experience in marketing communications
Hours and Environment
People in the London office work tend to work a 10 to 6 day, five days a week. If you’re working remotely then you tend to fit around that – depending on your timezone. It’s also possible that you might need to work beyond that when things get really busy.
Our office is 5 mins walk from Hoxton Overground, about 15 minutes walk from Bethnal Green Underground.
We’re able to offer you:
- a competitive salary, profit share bonus and holiday allowance,
- an exciting and influential role in a growing business,
- a relaxed and creative work environment and
- if you’re based in London then you’ll get a desk with a lovely view over Haggerston Park. If you’re working remotely then we can help arrange a work space for you where ever you are. There are tons of good co-working spaces all over the world.
About Well Informed Limited
Well Informed Limited is a profitable, bootstrapped, SaaS product company. We’re a small team, you’ll get to work with the founders and learn from people that have created successful software products.
We work iteratively and pair a product manager with a software developer for fast turn-around on features and projects. It’s not uncommon to think of an idea and release a feature in the same day. Because we have customers, not clients, we can take the time to do things the right way but we’re also extremely focussed on delivering just enough to learn from and then making decisions based on what we learn.
Though we’re a small team we work with lots of lovely people, designers, artists, publishers, film makers in an excellent shared workspace sandwiched between Shoreditch, Broadway Market and Dalston. We make sure that we get out to the excellent local restaurants to celebrate accomplishments or even just a nice day. Lunch in the park is always an option too when London’s weather cooperates.
Want to find out more?
No agents please. Drop us a line at email@example.com— and we’ll get back to you.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. WIL cannot sponsor overseas workers.