At Littlepay, our passion is to make payments journeys effortless, both in-person via contactless and online via web and mobile checkouts. The Product team sits at the heart of achieving our ambitious vision and goals, and we’re looking for a technical Product Manager in Melbourne to work closely with our technical and business stakeholders to help shape the future of transit payments.
As Product Manager, you will deliver everything – from core payments processing to enable our transit merchants to accept contactless bank cards and devices, to slick transaction and customer analytics. You will also support integrations in and out of our platform, whether it be contactless readers, acquiring banks or payment networks.
You will act as an important bridge between Product, Engineering, Operations and Commercial, to understand desired customer and stakeholder outcomes, gather requirements, and then articulate the required propositions and functionality that can be implemented in an agile manner. You will be an Agile coach for our technical teams, constantly finding ways to continuously improve our iteration cycles and product delivery efficiency.
- Analyse and communicate business insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver required specifications, conduct feasibility studies, and produce designs/models where needed.
- Work with technical teams to write technical user stories and acceptance criteria, often at the microservices level
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration, or refining our Agile workflow to improve overall product delivery velocity and deliverable quality
- Obsess about both continuous product improvement and shipping new products
- Be excited about scaling our products to help build a tech driven product that will revolutionize digital commerce for transit.
- 4+ years hands-on product ownership experience, ideally as a technical product owner or former developer from a fast-paced start-up, emerging payments, or technology company
- Experience in delivering high throughput transaction processing solutions, such as those within payment service providers, acquirers, issuers, payment networks or banks
- Experience in managing integrations with ePOS, acquiring processing or transactional solutions or services via cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience in coaching Agile teams in methods such as Kanban and Scrum, while respecting the need for compliance (e.g., PCI-DSS)
- Ability to use Agile development tools such as JIRA, Trello, Confluence and Git
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use Excel and SQL (bonus marks for R or Python)
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders
In return, you’ll get
In this role you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem including the latest cloud technology, bank-grade data security, rich data analytics and API integrations, but all within the tight-knit environment of an agile scaling startup. Working for Littlepay will give you the chance to work in a fantastic professional working environment, revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions and a great CBD location to work in.
For details of how your information will be processed as a candidate, please refer to Littlepay’s Employee Privacy Notice, which can be found at the bottom of this page.