Are you a strategic thinker and a strong influencer? Can you build long lasting relationships? Will you help us develop new and exciting retail bank account products? If yes, then look no further as we may have the role for you.
As the Head of Current Accounts you will be responsible for transactional banking products in the retail space – current accounts and cash accounts, including overdrafts and debit cards. You will have full ownership of your products, including P&L, pricing, performance and risk management. Your role will involve looking after the propositional development in the retail accounts space, and leading on strategic projects. You will have an amazing opportunity to look after and develop the relationship with some of our key strategic partners.
So what would you be doing?…
• Owning the end to end management of all retail account products
• Creating a vision for the team and a roadmap for delivery
• Leading on key retail bank account initiatives – from tactical fixes and incremental improvement projects to larger strategic programmes
• Making sure the Retail Accounts team is closely aligned with other business functions that support delivery of products to customers
• Representing retail accounts in leadership forums, risk committees and external meetings with regulators and third parties
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• In order to be amazing in this role, you’ll need extensive end to end retail product management experience, you may have been a Lead Product Manager or a Head of Retail Banking Products with team management skills
• Naturally you will have an understanding of propositional development process, product innovation and business case development
• We need you to have commercial and financial modelling experience and knowledge of core IT concepts
• Understanding of retail banking regulation and the regulatory environment is really important
• It would be great if you are able to map and analyse customer journeys draw insights from customer feedback
• Ideally you will have great negotiation skills and experience building and running partnerships with third parties
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!