The Role of the Department:
The Strategy & Innovation department makes sure our digital products and solutions deliver against clearly-defined customer and business outcomes. Our team serves as the voice of the customer within the agency, working hard to understand their needs and pain points in order to create delightful digital experiences that solve real problems.
The department also acts as the agency’s in-house trends consultancy. Making sense of industry and technology changes and how they apply to our clients’ businesses.
We work as a flat hierarchy, which means from the outset you’ll be:
- Working closely with cross functional teams (pods) to define, develop and deliver ambitious digital products and solutions for our clients.
- Communicating with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is happy and productive.
- Spreading your knowledge and mentoring junior product strategists within the team through regular catch-ups with the Strategy & Innovation team.
- Actively contributing to the development and future direction of the agency’s Strategy & Innovation offering.
We are looking for an experienced product strategist to use their fantastic data and analytics skills to help scale existing products, win new business and shape the direction of our growing department.
You will take a leading role in developing a holistic view of our clients’ digital products and how their customers use them across devices, channels and interactions. Passionate about the power that technology and design have to change the world for the better. You’ll be highly numerate and well versed in filtering out the noise to derive meaningful insights from product data. Using this insight to create authoritative product strategies that are grounded in reality.
A self-starter, you’ll be confident in owning the end-to-end product strategy for your roster of clients and new business pitches.
• You’ll be the team’s data and analytics champion. Well versed in constantly monitoring the numbers to tell engaging stories with data. Stories that win your client’s trust and keep our digital products on a course of continuous improvement.
• You’ll put your exceptional strategic and analytical skills to use in developing and managing the long-term plans for your client’s digital products and solutions.
• Confidently communicating these well rounded strategies to clients and internally, with exceptional verbal and written presentation skills.
• You’ll be responsible for knowing our client’s customers better than anyone else in the agency. This means conducting rigorous primary and secondary research to gain usable insights about users and potential users.
• Possess a working knowledge of the end-to-end lifecycle of digital product development and proactively involve yourself in the process. Course correcting to ensure our products continuously solve business and customer problems.
• As a seasoned digital product person, you’ll put your proven experience of deriving insights from popular data analytics suite (Google Analytics, Firebase, Kissmetrics, Optimizely etc.) to inform the ongoing success of our client’s products and solutions.
• You are a team player that cares about the people that work around you. That helps the team to develop by mentoring more junior members and helps foster a great team culture where everyone is happy and delivering their best work.
We’re not expecting unicorns and know that you might not be able to tick off all the boxes. But if you’re passionate about technology and have demonstrable experience working with digital products then we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what we think would make a splendid Senior Product Strategist:
- Proven experience working on digital products and solutions either in-house or at an agency (with at least a couple of senior/midweight experience under your belt)
- Confident client-facing person that’s used to managing, contributing to and presenting pitches
- Strong communicator capable of supporting workshops, large presentations and client meetings
- Proven experience managing a product over several courses of its development
- Strong research toolkit with the ability to uncover compelling insight and strategic guidance through customer interviews, focus groups, user testing and market analysis
- Forward thinking and innovation focused with excellent awareness of new digital technologies and interesting use cases
- Direct experience and knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Experience with social listening tools (Brandwatch) and Analytics providers (GA, Hotjar etc.)
- A graduate of a Bachelor of Science program or a higher level post-secondary educational program in Economics, Maths, Engineering, Operation Research, or quantitative disciplines.