The Global Consumer Lending Team is focused on developing innovative products, capabilities and partnerships for American Express to help transform experiences and grow our fair share of lend both on and off cards. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with strong entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
Do you have proven product development skills, relentless customer focus and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a thought leader that is passionate about creating innovative product experiences for our customers. In this role, you will work in a start-up like environment where you will roll up your sleeves and work collaboratively with business owners, engineers, designers and other cross-functional partners to create impactful products.
- Drive vision and development of new products and product features based on an intimate knowledge of customer, business and technology
- Ideate and conceive features that generate high customer value and deliver against business goals
- Integrate customer research, usability studies and market analysis into actionable product requirements
- Conduct A/B tests and Test & Learns in partnership with marketing and digital platform teams to improve customer engagement
- Write and prioritize features for new products and product enhancements, balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Shepard products through development, testing and launch, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Ability to manage and negotiate with several internal partners, such as Risk, Legal & Compliance, Technology, Web & Mobile and more to define and pivot product needs
- Monitor product data and customer feedback post launch to refine features and iterate
- Understand Global Consumer Lending’s strategic and competitive position to develop products that are recognized best in the industryEstablish an Agile product development culture in the team
- Deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business
- Strong end-user focus and understanding of customer empathy
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in product development. Prior experience in lending, financial services or hi-tech domains preferred
- Experience working with partners to ideate and define business features in Rally or a similar tool; prioritizing features based on business / customer value and feasibility, conducting product owner test validations
- Previous experience in an Agile or Scaled Agile Product Development environment and on global products highly desired
- Ability to manage technical, regulatory as well as communication complexity in large multi-workstream initiatives
- Healthy obsession for quality, attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to develop and iterate the product roadmap and backlog
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple project priorities and drive flawless execution in a quickly changing, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and influence partners and senior leaders
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.