Senior Technical Product Manager – Global Learning Platform in San Francisco, California
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We seek a Senior Product Manager to join our Global Learning Platform team and help deliver a world class eLearning platform to power Pearson’s next generation of digital products.
As the owner of the platform live service, you will define and drive the roadmap for a range of tools and services to support continuous integration and content updates, real-time customer insights, and data-driven product decision-making. You will identify key user, product, and platform data for instrumentation and additional tools, such as an experimentation framework, required to enable our products as a service.
- Define and drive the execution of the live operations workflow and roadmaps with a cross-functional team.
- Perform statistical analysis and provide meaningful insights into easy-to-consume storylines and indicated actions for product teams and executives.
- Design and Oversee A/B Testing strategies, feature flagging and designing experiments with customer segmentation that systematically identify new, better ways to communicate and enhance user engagement.
- Along with our data science and analytics teams, discover new opportunities to optimize the business through analytics and statistical modeling using business analytical tools.
- Collaborate with business and engineering leaders, commercial product managers, marketing and customer support to improve business intelligence and Pearson’s ability to respond quickly and effectively to customer needs.
- Develop new insights and understanding of customers from event data that help develop new product features and improve the overall customer experience.
- Specify functional requirements and acceptance criteria; craft other documents necessary for implementing the product roadmap.
- Own relationships with partner product teams, including communicating requirements and addressing roadblocks.
- Identify and manage product dependencies within and across partner teams and anticipate likely downstream impacts due to strategic and development decisions.
- Work closely with engineering, architecture, UX and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Assist with beta and pilot programs for early-stage products and samples.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ agile software product management experience
- Demonstrated success contributing to the definition and building of excellent web-based products and/or native mobile apps
- Experience working with multi-functional project teams and working cross-functionally
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate a vision and lead a team towards a shared goal
- Highly collaborative and thrive in team environments
- Passion for improving the world through education
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with products or software as a service that define customer engagement, retention, and the overall end to end user experience
- Experience working in data-driven environments, using research and insights to make operational and product development decisions
- Successful track record of developing conceptual frameworks that guide analysis and communicating results to both technical a non-technical audience
- Background in instructional design and/or learning theory related to interactive multimedia
- Experience with JIRA
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Work Locations: US-CA-San Francisco-50 California 50 California Street San Francisco 94111
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1908075