WHO WE ARE
We are a start-up in the product management space focused on coaching product managers. We are now building a digital service around what we do, which will connect junior product managers with seasoned product managers to support their skills development.
WHAT THE ROLE LOOKS LIKE
This is a key role, as you will be the second hire into the core team responsible for the creation and delivery of our first digital offering. You will work closely with both the Founder and the Product Manager, particularly around customer development activities.
This is an opportunity to lead user experience efforts to understand customer problems and design solutions that offer value to our customers.
- Plan and conduct customer research in order to develop expert knowledge about the customers and their problems
- Prototype, test, and iterate on solution ideas to validate and refine the value proposition
- Create journey maps and other product artefacts that build common understanding and alignment across the team
- Support the product manager in writing user stories that clearly articulate the intention of features and are actionable by the development team
- Create pixel-perfect design elements for implementation in order to support the development team in delivering functionality as efficiently as possible
- Work closely with the product manager to understand the value our product is delivering by setting, tracking, and analyzing quantitative metrics
- Establish and maintain scalable design standards for the product
- Define and develop the daily UX practices, with special attention to establishing tools and processes for repeatable discovery and testing activities
- Have an interest in or have some experience with service design in order to explore the offline aspects of our offering
- Support in the interview and selection process for the development team
- Be a major driver in helping to shape the company vision and culture
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are someone who gets excited by new product ideas and is keen to build things. You are the type of person who is interested in how business works, whilst at the same time intensely focused on the customer and their experience of products and services. You are exceptional at finding simple solutions to complex problems – you think strategically but love to design experiences that have people at the center.
You are likely on your second or third job now within a UX centred design career, with strong experience in research and discovery practices.