NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now proudly part of the F5 family, is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications.
We are currently searching for an exceptional Technical Product Manager to join our EMEA team, either based in our EMEA Headquarters in Cork, Ireland or remotely in the Europe. If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your CV – we’d love to talk.
What will I be doing?
- Manage and maintain a roadmap for the njs module that solves customer problems and adds significant value to NGINX
- Identify both common and exotic use cases for programmatically extending NGINX
- Represent this market knowledge within NGINX, across the entire organization
- Communicate directly with a remote development team, guiding development efforts, and providing feedback on pre-release software
- Write product documentation and/or brief technical authors on the required documentation
- Write blog posts that describe and promote our solution for real world use cases.
- Attend marketing events, trade shows and conferences that represent NGINX
What experience do I need?
- Have a solid understanding of core Internet and API technologies, including, but not limited to, HTTP, TLS, REST, gRPC, microservices, Docker, Kubernetes
- Have a passion for NGINX and it’s versatility as a product
- Have strong Linux skills
- Hold a Computer Science degree (or equivalent education)
- Preferably have previous product management experience, but this is a technical role, and applications are welcomed from those making the transition into product management
- Genuinely care about the customer and end-user experience of the product
- Have an eye for detail, while also considering the big picture at all times
- You have a deep sense of ownership and responsibility about everything that you work on
- You are equally happy testing pre-release software, as presenting on product direction to leadership
- You are willing to travel up to 25% of the time, including international travel