At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our team of 20 designers is split into two general departments covering Product and Brand design. Product Designers work in collocated cross-functional teams with designers situated in Berlin, Sofia and Saõ Paulo producing solutions for native mobile, web and our bespoke hardware. Recently, we spent some time developing our Design System; Circuit UIand redesigning our primary mobile app on iOS, as well as a bunch of other product features and improvements.
We pride ourselves on our close collaboration, transparency, fun-loving nature & most importantly; placing our merchant-base of over 1 million global business owners (36+ languages) at the heart of each and every decision we make.
What you’re going to do
As Senior Product Designer you will be joining one of our cross functional teams and collaborate closely to create simple yet beautiful solutions which cater to our merchants real life problems. You will become an expert in your specific domain, turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality. Your empathic thought process and research skills will help you understand the users problems and make sure we’re delivering the right products and features.
- You have at least 5+ years experience as a UX & UI Designer
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Figma)
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (e.g., CSS, HTML, JS), experience with prototyping tools or motion design is a plus
- You are comfortable in English. Any other language is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 50 different countries building a fun, international environment.
We’ll be happy to receive your application including your resume and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.