At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
We pride ourselves on our close collaboration, transparency, fun-loving nature & most importantly; placing our merchant-base of over 1 million global business owners (36+ languages) at the heart of each and every decision we make.
What you’re going to do
As UX Research Lead you will have the chance to set the foundations for our internal UX research department and collaborate closely with the product and tech leadership to shape our products. You will hire strong UX researcher for our offices in Berlin and Brazil and develop best practices around user research, prototyping and usability tests. You will conduct and lead research activities while using the right quantitative or qualitative research methodologies to generate actionable insights and evaluate our products and features.
- You have 5+ years experience as a UX researcher
- Experience leading a Team of at least 3 people
- You know common research methods and tools across devices and markets
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in both English and German. Any other language is a bonus.
- Your excellent presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- You have a good knowledge of UX standards, fundamental user behaviours and user-centred design principles
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Alexanderplatz.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer, German and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 50 different countries building a fun, international environment.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.