Silver is the BBC’s live streaming tool, available to all producers in the BBC to control, produce and oversee digital live streams to online destinations across the BBC – including BBC Live pages, iPlayer, connected television and selected social platforms. Our vision is to empower content creators to make engaging live video from anywhere.
As the Product Manager for Silver you’ll lead a cross-functional, collaborative and dynamic team. Working in partnership with editorial and production representatives to develop solutions that shape the way live video is produced across the BBC, in line with the BBC’s audience facing objectives and strategies – currently focused on some key areas, including: content targeting <35 year olds, iPlayer as the home of Live video, and tagging of content to allow a personalised BBC.
Silver has enjoyed recent success with production teams and partners including BBC Arts (Dance Passion), BBC NHU (Springwatch), BBC Sport and many more. This is a great opportunity to work on the continued success of an exciting digital-focused production tool.
Are you the right candidate?
You enjoy working collaboratively; you are results focused and have the pragmatism to deliver. You also have experience in:
- Product management for a multi-disciplined agile team to prioritise and shape the delivery of enhancements to an established product
- Idea generation for new product development.
- Introducing and Launching new products into teams with established workflows.
- Setting and tracking Objectives and Keys Results that focuses the team and are aligned across the business.
- Being the voice of the user – ensuring their needs are considered by being involved in user research, user testing, analytics and experiments.
- Working with other teams across software delivery to identify opportunities to align and reuse components.
- Engaging with Stakeholders to understand their priorities and keeping them informed of product developments.
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate complex processes at all levels.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience of all the above skills, they are an example of the kind of work we do and the technologies we use. If you’re great, we want you!
Contract type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here