We are looking for a Head of Product to lead product development for Marketplace, connecting farmers with high quality, accessible, and affordable goods and services. You will ensure we build a scalable product (web and SMS based) that leverages the knowledge we have about our farmers to connect them with goods and services, retailers, and brands. You’ll work closely with Product and Business Development team members in London and East Africa as well as our London-based Data Science and Engineering teams.
The role can be based in either Nairobi or London (with 25-50% travel to Nairobi). Wefarm is growing rapidly and the Head of Product for Marketplace will play a key role in developing the foundations of our commercial product offering to further improve the lives of our farmers.
- Create the product roadmap for our new Marketplace offering, balancing priorities around farmer user experience with enhancements to seller tools for retailers and brands
- Understand the biggest drivers of farmer conversion to purchase, and work with cross-functional squad of product, marketing and sales to address those drivers
- Determine how we can scale the Marketplace product offering to reach the long tail of sellers
- Define longer-term product vision and direction for Marketplace, and clearly communicate that vision to key stakeholders
- Manage Marketplace product development priorities for our Data Science and Engineering teams
- At least 5 years product management experience, with strong coaching and mentoring abilities to get the best out of your team
- Strong commercial focus, with demonstrated success in launching product features that improve key metrics
- Good understanding of ecommerce dynamics and the levers that affect conversion, and how to translate that into product functionality (marketplace experience and experience building B2B products is a plus)
- Comfortable with agile development practices, with a collaborative approach to working with development teams
- Enjoy working in a start-up environment and not afraid to jump in and get things done
- You want to make a difference in the world and work on something that improves people’s lives!
Due to the high number of applicants we will, unfortunately, only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.