We are looking for a Senior UX/UI designer that thrives on creating intuitive products that delight users. You will constantly seek to understand the needs of our farmers and partners, translate those needs into a stellar user experience, and validate your approach with user feedback and testing.
The role is based in London and you will work closely with our product and development teams in London and East Africa, with opportunities for travel as needed. Wefarm is growing rapidly, and the UX/UI designer will play a key role as we move from solely SMS into digital channels over the next year.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create the UX and UI for Wefarm’s new Marketplace offering, which includes digital apps/tools to connect buyers and sellers
- Lead the design process for the next generation of Wefarm’s peer-to-peer information sharing service, complementing our existing SMS service with a digital offering for farmers
- Build prototypes and/or wireframes to facilitate the validation of major assumptions and design decisions
- Work with our product team to understand user needs and get local market feedback on UX/design and iterate rapidly based on that feedback
- Work directly with development team to ensure that UX and designs are clear and easy to implement
More specifically we are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of the latest research, usability and design thinking, and best practices
- Demonstrated success designing new products and validating approach with user feedback
- Collaborative approach to working with product and development teams
- Ability to communicate user journeys and functionality clearly to different audiences and get them excited about the products we are building
- Enjoy working in a start-up environment and not afraid to jump in and get things done
- Want to make a difference in the world and work on something that improves people’s lives!
Rewards package and remuneration
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, but is highly competitive and will include share options. We believe in our team being not only the executors of Wefarm’s visions but the makers and owners of it!
As a global business, travel is essential to who we are, and will be a perk of the job. We also host an annual whole company get together (Wecamp), previously held in Kenya and Uganda. In addition, we have flexible working environment (within reason of course!), and we value spending time together – boarding the weekly lunch train, sharing some drinks on a Friday and frequent social events throughout the year.