Hiring (and being hired) is one of the most important things we do, but humans are frankly terrible at it. We look for the wrong things, we’re biased, and we don’t follow the data.
Applied is a tech start-up that uses cutting edge behavioural science, data and research to enable organisations to hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, gender or background.
By helping hiring managers focus on what matters, and removing unconscious bias, we’ve helped hundreds of teams in retail, consulting, finance, tech, media, charity and government hire over 3000 diverse, high performing candidates across 5 continents.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work within our growing product and engineering team, helping Applied on a fast-paced product-led journey.
We have an amazing product – our NPS puts us in the 100th percentile for SaaS products (that’s really true!) and our clients have seen a real improvement in their hiring metrics: 3x improvement in interview to offer rate, 3x improvement in diverse candidates and 66% reduction in time spent on recruitment!
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, investor backed start-up and be part of changing the way hiring is done on a global scale. You can read about us in the New York Times, Harvard Business Review,TechCrunch and New Scientist.
The job opportunity
Our product manager should:
- be passionate about making products that delight
- love using data to guide action (but know that sometimes nothing can beat talking to users)
- care about and analyse preferences and requests of end users
- love collaborating with others to get things done in an agile manner
- be able to refine and prioritise backlog
- be able to develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- be able to address any production issues during sprints
- be able to communicate clearly (and persuasively when needs be)
In your first 6 months you’ll:
- work with the dev team to plan and execute sprints. We love scrum at Applied, it helps us get the right stuff done! Our product owner will get stuck into helping our developers build sprints out of the work that matters (and make sure the team stay on track when it’s needed).
- meet a bunch of our lovely customers. We love going and meeting our users and you’ll get a chance to visit a selection of them to learn what they think is awesome (and not so awesome) about Applied.
- help a group of awesome companies hire wonderful people and a group of diverse applicants get the opportunity to land the role of their dreams.
Like the rest of the Applied team members you’ll benefit from:
- equity in the business
- open and fair pay (yep we put all payslips in the shared drive)
- employee benefits package
- being involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
What are the next steps?
One of the benefits of applying to work at a hiring platform is that you get to experience a bit of the job just through the application process (yes, it gets meta)!
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job advert closes, your answers will go through our sift process: randomising and anonymising answers for taking out individual information that biases hiring decisions and facilitating organisations to review each answer by more than one person so you can benefit from the wisdom of the crowds. If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to 2-3 rounds of interviews, which will also be managed through our platform. Also, we love giving feedback, so you’ll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process. We hope you enjoy the Applied experience!
Expected duration of this application process: 2 months.