We are looking for a high-energy and experienced, market-facing Product Manager (PM) to join the Intersect Product Management team at Hobsons.
This role spans many types of activities, ranging from strategic to tactical. The PM analyzes the market and competitive environment to develop a differentiated product vision and deliver unique value to our clients and users. They lead the discovery process, generate product requirements, and build business cases. The PM works with technical product managers, user experience designers, researchers and engineers from discovery through delivery. They also facilitate go-to-market strategy and execution, serving as the bridge between sales, support, instructional design and marketing.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) with an anticipated start date of October 1st.
- Discovery & Roadmap Planning:
- Maintain deep understanding of customer experience, landscape, and industry trends
- Identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Co-facilitate/lead R&D process with TPM, UX, ENG & PR
- Conduct annual product review, develop roadmap canvases, assess customer value , gather level of effort estimates, and create business cases
- Track product enhancement requests (Intersect and Naviance), product results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
- Lead GTM process including coordination amongst internal stakeholders for external communications, internal and external enablement, as well as marketing and collateral needs.
- Translate product features into customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to assess pricing and competitive landscape; create product positioning and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Facilitate client-facing webinars
- Other Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for sales questions and project escalations
- Serve as point of contact for support escalations and questions
- Hobsons User Conference: Committee lead, create content, present, client support
- Co-facilitate Internal stakeholder and feedback meetings
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Required: 5+ years in a market-facing product management role
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Business acumen and proficiency
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer and student empathy with a passion for education