Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B led by IPGL and supported by Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures. This represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
You will be joining the cross-functional product team and should be excited about working with hardware & software engineers, data scientists, designers, and researchers. You’ll need to be up for hitting the ground running. With two products launched, more markets opening up and new ideas that need to become a reality, there’s plenty to get involved with. We will look to you and your experience to help us develop products we can be proud of because that we’re proud of because you put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. In return, you will have the opportunity and support to grow from the first-rate deliverer you are now, to a strategic thinker and leader.
The Day to Day of the role:
User Champion – you will be the voice of the user within Elvie. You will:
- Need to get under the skin of our users. Working closely with our product researchers, you’ll be involved in planning and conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
- Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences. You must be able to sell the dream and fight the user’s corner
Development Guide – working across hardware and software teams to deliver one cohesive product experience in line with the vision. You will:
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to drive product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
- Will join daily stand-ups with our app dev teams and weekly product team catch-ups.
- Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
- Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (UX/UI).
Problem Solver – hungry to make things better and up for the challenge of tackling unknowns. You:
- Are curious and questioning – not afraid to ask questions to ensure we identify route causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
- Will be able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges
- Are driven to make things better, and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you know also know when is “good enough”
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work
Stakeholder Manager – you can work with a variety of different people, personalities and business units seamless balancing needs, hearing and being heard. You
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard.
- Will hear a muddle of different perspectives and be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken.
- Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise.
- Will manage change: you’ll get buy-in for the changes from stakeholders, and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
What we need from you:
- Can demonstrate a solid level of commercial experience, including within a mature agile environment
- Preferably time with a startup or organisation that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
In return we can offer:
- Competitive base salary plus generous bonus
- Early stage share options in a rapidly growing business
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours – our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- The chance to develop products with real world impact
- Career progression and regular performance reviews
- Employee referral program
- Part time opportunities & childcare vouchers
- Regular company socials
- MacBook Pro
- As much tea and coffee as you can consume
Elvie collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). See the privacy notice for further details.
Elvie does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.