FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip. FindHotel is a fast-moving company with an ambition that every decision should be based on data and every feature be fuelled with data. To make this happen we invest heavily in our data infrastructure. We are looking for a Product Owner to work closely with our engineers and other product owners to craft a world-class data experience across the FindHotel organisation.
The Data Infrastructure squad works closely with engineers and analysts throughout the company to support them with their data needs. Our product catalogue ranges from the basics of event delivery, storage and processing to A/B testing and Data Science infrastructure (model development and deployment).
What you’ll do
Work closely with a team of skilled engineers to set a vision for your product and define metrics for measuring your success. More specifically you’ll:
- Own our data infrastructure, end-to-end, ensure its quality and deliver improvements that will empower your colleagues and the company.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at FindHotel.
- Be the Data Evangelist across the company. Your goal is to increase adoption of your team product catalogue, making sure that FindHotel gets the most out of its data.
What a day in the office might look like:
For product owners no two days are alike. However, this is what an “average” day would look like:
You’ll start your day staring at a dashboard full of metrics and KPIs related to your squad accompanied by a cup of coffee from our highly curated coffee provider. Given that everything is OK with the metrics and KPIs, you’ll continue to you squads daily standup meeting where you’ll sync with the rest of the squad on your progress to deliver your sprint’s commitments. Following up on the items that turned up in the daily standup, you’ll spend some time with your squad members to help them progress and if necessary – “unlock” them. Before launch, you’ll participate in a meeting, either with all the stakeholders as part of the weekly routine or with other POs and colleagues to sync on the latest cross-company initiative that you’re leading. After a good lunch, delivered from a different restaurant every day, you’ll spend some time planning your squad’s future endeavours, whether it’s aligning the roadmap, learning about the latest developments in the field or writing detailed requirements. Just before the day ends, you’ll review the latest architecture proposal. Unless it’s Friday, on Friday evening we drink beer and hang out.
Who you are?
- You have experience working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale applications and services.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
- You are data-savvy, data-driven and data-informed. You have a good understanding of how companies can store, manipulate and utilize data.
- You understand the difference between data, information and insights.
- You can translate your and your team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritised backlog items that will pave the way for other teams at FindHotel to excel when building customer features that rely on our data infrastructure.
- You have demonstrable experience managing and/or developing business-critical systems – including defining product road maps and long-term plans.
- You always strive for clarity and transparency. You are an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate both with engineers and business stakeholders.
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts.
- You have experience with data-driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You are ambitious and what motivates you the most is to build a customer-centric product that disrupts the global industry of hotel bookings. This is an industry dominated by large players with commercial interests that are rarely aligned with traveller interests. This is not the case with FindHotel, and we have now the capabilities to disrupt the status quo.
Why joining us now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
- We are in fast-growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
- Although we prefer if you work with us in our beautiful Amsterdam office, we are open to full-time remote applicants. What really matters is that you are the right person for the job, not where you do it.