Director of Product Position Summary:
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product who is passionate about building products that consumers and clients love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to lead design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
Who We Are
Social Media Link (SML) is the leading advocacy activation company that amplifies social media conversation for brands. Leveraging audiences from existing communication platforms to engage peer influencers and amplify consumer advocacy, we focus on delivering our partners the most powerful enterprise engagement and activation technology. SML makes it easy to foster impactful, authentic and trusted reviews and recommendations, triggering action and amplifying the consumer’s voice and experience with a brand.
SML is proud to work with clients like Unilever, P&G, Church & Dwight, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Pfizer, NBC, Heineken, Seventh Generation, Coty, bing, Kimberly Clark, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and more.
As an early-stage and profitable marketing and software services company we are growing fast and are looking for folks who are passionate, innovative, fearless, and adaptable. SML offers a great company culture where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of energetic people who work hard, help each other through collaboration, leveraging learning’s and having fun.
- Vision & Communication:
- Work closely with company leadership to translate strategic business goals and direction into actionable product roadmaps
- Develop and communicate the high-level roadmap with internal and external teams
- Regularly communicate with clients and account management teams to ensure consumer and client satisfaction
- Create and implement a process to train our internal sales teams on the most valuable features of the product preparing them for upsell opportunities
- Product prioritization and Scoping:
- Gather and organize requirements from all key stakeholders including but not limited to; Executive Team, users, client success, marketing, sales, designers, and developers
- Communicate requirements to the development team with clear direction and scope
- Oversee weekly product prioritization meetings, maintain product specs and backlog, and work closely with the development team to execute on product vision
- Organize alpha tests, beta programs, publish releases and gather feedback
- Manage and mentor our Jr. Product Manager
- Manage the UX/UI team and develop processes for streamlining design and creating user testing and research
- Create tools or processes to measure the accountability of the product team
- Develop process for measuring feature adoption
- Research industry trends to identify new innovations, features, and integration opportunities
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic/stays on the cutting edge of consumer engagement and social networking technology
- 5+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Comfortable working in an agile environment. Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience working with a SaaS product a plus
- Experience writing user stories and use cases along with annotated wireframes
- Experience working with cross-functional agile development teams
- Strong technical background with an intuitive design sense
- Incredible attention to detail in language, usability, and design (UX/UI)
- Successful track record creating beautiful products
- Deep communication skills with varied stakeholders – translate shared goals into the right language for the right team
- Incredibly analytical and motivated to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Owner mindset; ability to create and execute a strategy in a high-growth environment
- High energy; highly productive with strong self-starter initiative
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact with senior executives
- Exceptional organizational, project and people management skills
- Nice to have: familiarity with cloud-based product management tools such as Atlassian Jira, Lucidchart, Google Apps, Slack, InVision
SML has built an environment that provides our employees with the opportunity to achieve great personal and corporate success. Our management team has confidence in our employees and empowers them to think on their feet, make decisions, and deliver results that contribute directly to our bottom line. Come join us.
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.