Are you passionate about gaining deep insights into the customer journey? Are you data-driven and motivated by collaboration, continuous improvement, and working with a team of entrepreneurial lifelong learners? Do you thrive when engaging cross-departmentally with customers and product teams to deliver a world-class platform? If the answer is yes, read on!
As the Product Manager, Mid-Market, you’ll help guide our customers to find success with Thinkific, while articulating what a winning product looks like! For you, it’s not just about understanding the customer’s needs, but turning those needs into actionable insights and product solutions that drive business outcomes and value to our customers. You’ll help support our fast growing mid-market companies with their advanced growth needs, enabling them to use Thinkific to help their customers find success, generate revenue, and deliver customer education at scale. You will collaborate with our customers, along with various Product team members (Product Management, Engineering, Design), and other departments to deliver solutions to our customer’s needs and provide ongoing thought leadership in the online education space.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of our product and customer base
- Research and fully understand the “why”: identifying themes, customer needs and opportunities. You will find ways to regularly interact with customers and to use data to inform and shape your ideas.
- Articulate a compelling vision and roadmap your product area, summarizing the need, value, and ROI and get others excited about the opportunities ahead
- Work collaboratively with customers and other Thinkific team members to determine solutions, working closely with Design and Engineering to ship solutions that drive business outcomes and customer value
- Support and work across departments to get projects launched
- Review and learn from your work, framing up new opportunities and celebrating wins!
- Contribute to and help raise the bar on our Product Management team practices
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3 or more years prior experience in a product management role (SaaS preferred)
- Have a proven track record of being customer focussed and have demonstrated business outcomes and impacts from your past product management work
- Be analytical, data driven, and able to evaluate results to make data informed decisions
- Be customer-obsessed with a proven history of working with customers, getting into the details, and being able to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high-paced environment
- Be able to work cross-functionally, incorporate feedback from various departments and are able to articulate your ideas and provide clear reasoning and details to backup your decisions
- Be comfortable task switching, flexible with your time, and excited by new challenges and the opportunity to solve them creatively
- Get stuff done—you love to move things forward, creatively work through challenges or blockers, and make decisions
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, scrappy, and able to work in, contribute to, and thrive in an ever-changing fast-paced environment
- Be able to excite and align people around a common goal and advocate for what matters
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are interested in contributing to our product management practices and helping to better how our product team works collectively
- Have experience working in an Agile workflow
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit—you might have launched an open-source movement, completed a Kickstarter campaign, or created a popular smartphone app to solve a problem you saw
- Have experience or interest in mentoring other product managers
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in EdTech, e-Learning, education, digital marketing, MarTech, or Growth
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers 😉
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We’re dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented engineers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!