Do you want to watch from the side lines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen?
Fnality International was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes, redefining the industry by decentralising transactions using blockchain technology. Backed by a large consortium of the world’s leading banks, at Fnality, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
Finality is changing the way banking will work…forever. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple, to create a highly motivated and talented team that can work from first principles to drive the creation of the world’s new distributed financial services infrastructure.
We are a purist agile organisation, working in multi-skilled cross-functional scrum teams, getting this thing done. The office atmosphere can swing from buzzing, laughing, excitement to heads down focussing on not just challenging, but hugely important work. Every task is important here and there is no space for egos. We are also not prescriptive about what hours you work but focussed on the results we achieve and are building an inclusive, progressive culture to support this.
About the role
This role sits within our Product Guild and you will report directly into the CEO, whose passion for what we are doing is infectious. We are looking for a game-changing Head of Product who really understands how to scope large tech and non-tech interoperable products and provide a detailed and all-encompassing roadmap to deliver against complex objectives.
You will guide your Guild of Product Managers to deliver brilliant products via the cross-functional agile teams. This role will bring order and clarity right at the beginning of the process as well as the patterns to adapt as we go, so we will be able to build the amazing world first products we need to.
The scope of our roadmap includes regulatory, compliance, legal, tech, target operating models, local and international entities and more. You will have to constantly consider the viability and scalability of the products. You will work with our Guilds to help work out what is needed from a functional perspective – for example, across multiple jurisdictions, looking at local and international laws, interoperability, operations etc – as well as how this can be delivered by our amazing agile teams. Also acting as the Product Manager for the leadership team, you will help identify and define all of this and productise workstreams for the agile delivery teams whilst keeping your arms firmly wrapped around the ‘big picture’.
Working with technical, legal, people, business development, product and change you will work iteratively and collaboratively to help us make this a reality. You will be working with phenomenal people who want to learn and develop as much as deliver.
You will be a strategic, analytical thinker who is able to look at the market and understand how we fit into it. You will be vigilantly outcomes-focussed and fully agile in your approach to working. You will know how to productise individual elements alongside the Product Managers who will then take the products into agile teams to slice up and deliver. You will be able to see how this will fit into the overall product strategy and you will remain focussed on the most efficient and effective outcome for the team, the business and our customers.
To be successful you will need demonstrable:
- experience of performing a lead Product Management role to expert level with no support from more senior PMs in an agile fast growing scaleup.
- knowledge and/or experience in blockchain, financial services back-office processes, systems and products
- understanding an as-is solution architecture (business/technical), and created solutions that adhere to, or build on, those foundations
- experience of collaborative tools such as Jira and Confluence, and strong Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- experience of working in an innovative, disruptive, rapidly mobilising and evolving business / teams
- willingness and ability to roll your sleeves up including running your own backlogs and ceremonies
- experience in participating in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- experience of being a fact based, analytical and data driven thinker – applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
- excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
To be successful you will need to be able to:
- drive productisation as the PM for a management team
- lead, train and empower Product Managers
- perform full analysis of all business aspects of legacy systems vs state-of-the-art blockchain platforms
- understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations’ business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- understand, support and adopt the organisations’ ‘Commercial Agility’ methodology
- contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and tasks
- adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- focus on quality and rapid ability to change, keeping the As-Is architecture current so that it remains an accurate picture of current state
- collaborate and communicate effectively throughout solution creation, ensuring that interrelated deliverables effective and coordinated
- focus on learning and development including empowering both Guild and team members to learn and take ownership of their own capabilities across legal, business, technical or compliance content
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.