We are looking for a high-energy and experienced Technical Product Manager (TPM) to join the Intersect Product Management team.
TPMs are key individual contributors who work hand-in-hand with one or more Scrum teams and concentrate on helping development teams understand requirements to meet user and business needs. They also partner with market-facing product managers, user experience designers, and product researchers from product ideation to launch. Ultimately, they serve as the glue between the customer, user, engineering, and other members of the product management team.
Our TPMs have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with customers and business stakeholders in high-pressure situations. They demonstrate strategic thinking and strong analytical skills, and can apply structure to complex problems.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville) with an expected start date of October 1st.
- Translate product strategy into detailed epics, user stories, and requirements
- Successfully collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to resolve blockers, present feasible solutions, and drive alignment.
- Partner with program managers and engineering leadership to gather level-of-effort estimates and ensure manageable scope that can be delivered on-time, on-budget, and on-quality
- Manage communication across multiple departments to ensure that required parties have the necessary information and direction to efficiently deliver projects
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching products/features
- Co-facilitate product research and user experience design process
- Prioritize the Scrum team’s backlog with guidance from partnering product manager
- Actively participate with Scrum team(s) while co-facilitating scrum ceremonies
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on the product
- Support the product manager with go-to-market needs as needed
- Work hand-in-hand with customer support services to assist customers
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in leading Agile-based, product development teams
- 2 to 3 years working with SaaS Software product is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Demonstrated product management skills and ability to manage 3 to 5 simultaneous initiatives in different phases; ability to grasp broad product/business strategy with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the education marketplace or enrollment industry preferred.
- Passion for education, especially access to higher education