What is CARTO?
CARTO leads the world of Location Intelligence (LI), empowering organizations to discover insights hidden in their location data and turn them into business impact. We use LI to accelerate innovation, find efficiencies and disrupt traditional business models. We are the leading geospatial platform where you can solve spatial problems with the best data and analysis.
CARTO is working today with top enterprise companies to improve their efficiency through data analysis. Customers like DPD, EDP, Mastercard, Telefónica, and Vodafone (among others) trust CARTO and use our software to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes. We empower data scientists worldwide by helping them to create their advanced spatial models.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is transforming the Location Intelligence space. Our incredible team works from offices in New York, Madrid, Washington DC, Sevilla, and beyond.
Product at CARTO
The Product team at CARTO is formed by the Engineering, Product Management, and Design Teams (around 50 people). As the Head of Product, you will directly manage a small team of great Product Managers, and have a close relationship with the CEO, CSO & Founder, CTO, and the Tech and Design leads.
The team works right now on different challenges like:
- Defining and creating an interface for Data Scientist that helps them improve their geospatial data analysis workflows.
- Helping to standardize location based data streams and offer them in an easy-to-consume catalog to enrich our customers data analysis.
- Making CARTO a better-connected platform easily integrated with other data players: from the database, to the visualization level.
- Defining with the Marketing and BizOps teams strategic projects (e.g. new pricing plans) and implementing them with the help of the technology teams.
We are looking for a Head or Product that helps us to…
- Create a Product culture that allows the Product team to thrive. You have experience working on and implementing iterative methodologies and processes in Product teams.
- Work close with the management team to define a common Product vision and communicate it to the rest of the company.
- Define Product OKRs and Initiatives heavily focused on technology and data. You would also help the Product Managers responsible for each one of the initiatives, generating enough space for them to explore without missing the company goals.
- Understand how metrics and user research can help us to make better decisions. You are used to work in companies that are data and user-aware.
- Create relationships with the customer facing teams and with other experts in the spatial data field.
- Manage the Product Management team, guiding the team when needed and helping them grow individually and as a team.
This position is based in our Madrid office, but you can also work remotely from any point of Spain, as long as you can travel to our office regularly.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- A great and high-qualified team to work with.
- Challenging projects.
- A powerful platform used by top companies around the world.
- Career growth and the chance to learn and use the latest technologies in real projects.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, a self-built arcade, and cinema 🙂
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability. To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq)