Are you passionate about digital applications? Do you empathize with users? Do you believe that design starts with defining the problem?
Typeform was founded when two designers spotted a problem and engaged their natural curiosity to solve it.
Now, we look to design the future of data collection. Will it be voice? More chatbots? The revival of fax? Whatever it is, we’ll stay true to our design culture—and put users first.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer to tackle complex problems in a collaborative way.
Here’s Michelle, our Chief Product Officer:
“We’re inspired by our customers and in turn inspiring them with conversational experiences. We’re building a design community at Typeform that’s taking on exciting challenges across the company.”
You’ll team up with other designers in a fast-paced, customer-focused startup. You’ll engage with cross-functional teams that include designers, engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we’re like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it’s kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
As a Principal Product Designer at Typeform you will:
- Work with design leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and strategy across the organization.
- Spin yarns. Effectively communicate and evangelize design thinking throughout the organization with compelling storytelling.
- Champion empathy for people who use Typeform. Let their needs guide us to the best solutions and inform the product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with product, business, data and engineering partners in an agile environment. Deliver innovative design experiences to our customers at each stage of their journey.
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent user experience across the product.
- Take ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- You have at least 10 years of design experience
- You’ve designed many consumer products using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices
- You find and craft elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- You have a broad range of skills with strengths in visual product design.
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You love mentoring designers.
- You can grow design practices to deliver a unified product, from concept to implementation.
- You’re energized by hands-on work: sketching concepts, defining flows, building prototypes, or polishing final designs.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and make strategy come to life.
- You’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, user research, contextual interviews, and competitive/analogous research.
- You’re proactive, creative, adaptable, and collaborative. You love wrestling with problems.
- You quickly create a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use, and technically-feasible ideas.
- You can show us a portfolio showcasing an appetite for designs that push boundaries and take risks.
- You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience.
- You’re fluent in English – it is our working language.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.