The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This role is responsible for the design and delivery of compelling digital product experiences. This involves:
- Researching and analysing the customer landscape
- Manage and lead stakeholders to achieve a shared vision for a product
- Working with product teams to realise the vision balancing short term achievements with long term goals (e.g. technical debt)
Researching & analysing the customer landscape
- Work with the Insights team to identify and lead the generation of new insights as required
- Use analytical evaluation to support product development
Manage and lead stakeholders to achieve a shared vision for the relevant product
- Establishes and maintains a shared vision (e.g. using a product canvas) and roadmap for the products
- Manage the day to day implementation of divisional components of the Digital Technology product roadmap, with strong input into weekly and monthly planning and update meetings
- Be the FA lead working with the external organisation to develop User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for all products
- Facilitate the internal stakeholder requirements from across the FA organisation gathering and prioritising them whilst communicating clearly to all stakeholders
Working with product teams to realise the product vision (which is measured by customer value and business outcomes) balancing short term achievments with long term goals (e.g. strategic goals, technical debt)
- Manages and prioritises the backlog and develops feature level release plans
- Responsibility for the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for all target audience personas
- Be the point person for the development of the key insights and success criteria for our digital products
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective
- Lead, from an FA perspective, the development of a suitable user test plan to garner feedback and insights on the digital products during the development process and prior to and post MVP release
- Understand the digital product landscape and proactively drive activities to provide insights to the business area and to optimize the strategic delivery of additional features/capabilities
- Proactively keep up-to-date with how world class comparable businesses are using emerging and mature digital technologies to enable and support achieve FA goals and competitive advantage.
- Inform business leaders and colleagues and influence the proving, piloting and where adoption of leading practices
- Collaborate effectively with all key Digital Technology teams which support the business area
- Champion delivery execution and cut through low/no value adding processes that inhibit delivery
- Proactively demonstrate and role model required behaviours in line with the expectations of the role
- Held previous product management roles
- Delivered compelling and sustainable consumer grade digital experiences and relationships
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience Influencing effectively across all levels of stakeholders within an organisation
- Strong ability to engage effectively with senior and demanding stakeholders to build and deliver strategic plans
- Experienced in working through and achieving results with diverse divisional and digital / technology teams, including third parties
- Experience working with colleagues to convert multiple and complex requirements into simple, measurable and engaging plans
- Knowledge of business to consumer trends (e.g. consumer packaged goods, travel and hospitality) and experience of deploying and driving adoption and building digital relationships at scale using apps and/or mobile digital products
- Experience of using consumer data to provide tailored and personalised experiences to customers and achieve a more engaging relationship
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.