Looking for a career that combines innovative technology and creativity, ultimately helping both creative and engineering types to build a better world? If so, meet Autodesk. Learn more about why Autodesk is continually ranked a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others: Top 7 Reasons You Should Work at Autodesk.
Located in San Francisco, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to head up the Verticals product management team responsible for a broad portfolio of products while also running point on one of the products. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy while having a big-picture vision and then drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand users’ pain points and find innovative solutions. You will engage with customers, Sales, Support and Marketing to understand pervasive problems, industry trends and market opportunities which you will gather into strategies, roadmaps and high level product requirements. You come in to work everyday never satisfied with the status quo; ready to transform the business.
Five Signs That You’re a Strong Candidate
1. You are an influential and visionary product leader and can drive the team to success. You have experience guiding and motivating design and development teams. You are capable of leading teams in multiple time zones.
2. You have a strong technical background and a talent to build complex products in an evolving, highly competitive market. You have an understanding of electromechanical, electrical controls and process design disciplines within the Industrial Machinery, Power Distribution, and Process industries. Experience working in technical sales or sales in the appropriate industries will also be a plus.
3. You are able to work at a strategic level, but also delve down in to the details. You must have exceptional communication skills and collaborate well across different groups. You are seen as both the internal and external evangelist for your product offering working with Marketing, Sales and customers.
4. You develop empathy & a deep understanding for the customer by creating a strong outward in perspective. You can place yourself in their experience and synthesize what you learn into a compelling and prioritized roadmap.
5. You are able to manage the entire product line cycle life cycle for a product and also coach a group of product managers to do the same.
• Create strategies, initiatives, and requirements for advancing customer satisfaction, product evolution and market growth.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the design and engineering team, sometimes without direct authority.
• Coach and guide a geographically dispersed product management team.
• Use data and good judgment to make decisions while factoring in risks.
• Understand the market and competitive landscape to identify areas of opportunity and differentiation.
• Identify and assess potential M&A opportunities.
10 Things That Describe You
6. Naturally curious
• A minimum of 6-8 years product management experience.
• Knowledge of CAD, schematic design principles or related field.
• BS in Engineering preferred. MBA or equivalent work experience is a plus.
• Experience with complex, technical products especially for SMBs & enterprises.
• Knowledge of how to apply agile methodologies and innovation to mature products.
• Experience managing people and virtually distributed teams.
• This position will require some travel to customer and development sites in the US and internationally, primarily in Singapore.