At Sky Betting and Gaming, we’re driven by a very clear ambition: to make Betting and Gaming better. We have a new opening for a Product & UX Director to join our Gaming Tribe here in Leeds!
The Gaming Product, Design & UX team obsess about creating the award winning and industry leading products that our customers love. Our Product team is also home for our Design and UX teams, they specifically work to understand customer research and journeys in order to influence changes to the site and overall experience. In order to set out and manage the roadmap for each of our product, the Gaming Product team works closely with a lot of other teams within the business, most commonly with the Insight, Marketing, Commercial, and Technology teams.
What you will do
Reporting into the Managing Director for Gaming, you will:
- Lead the Product, Design and UX teams across the Gaming tribe whilst helping to set the course for the business’ future, effectively communicating the strategy to the business and Tribes
- Builds relationships and works effectively as part of the broader senior leader team in order to influence and get things done, whilst collaborating across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy
- Focuses on outcomes rather than outputs, ensuring multidiscipline teams are aligned on clear goals and look for the quickest possible way to validate any assumptions and release customer value
- Set the tone, creating a thriving culture and team of people who focus on sustainability, ethics, responsibility and fairness, as well as financial results
- Focus on accountability for results and inspire high performance in others, whilst energising, trusting and supporting your team
- Act as a thought leader in pursuit of new ideas for customer problems, coaching, supporting and encouraging others along the way.
- Drive a culture of user-centred design and development that focuses on both discovery and delivery, whilst ensuring tribes are structured to deliver on our objectives and key results
How you will do it
We are looking for an individual of experience and potential, with relevant product delivery experience in a consumer facing digital or ecommerce environment. Key skills and experience would ideally include:
- Recognised deep subject matter expert who knows how to deliver brilliant customer experiences within a lean / agile development environment
- An empathetic leadership style that puts the customer at the heart of everything
- Proven track record of building strong, effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Understanding of customer interactions and user journeys on transactional digital products and demonstrating a passion for continually improving customer experience
- You’ve directly managed and coached senior Product and/or Design/UX people, are passionate about developing and supporting them to be part of high-performing team
- An analytical and inquisitive mind-set with the ability to translate business cases and analysis into tangible outcomes
- Naturally collaborative, with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual
- Interest in and knowledge of the latest technology and media trends, in particular an interest in mobile based products
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion
- Asks for feedback and show they can learn and adapt and manage steep learning curves
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation
- A proven track record for achieving and delivering, they make things happen
- A demonstrable passion for Gaming of any type would be advantageous
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.