As a User Experience Researcher at Zendesk, you will be part of the product design team in Singapore working closely with product managers and engineers to grow concepts for our Live Chat product (Zopim) through customer and user discovery, ideation, and validation. You have broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and a desire to develop hybrid insights. You will help shape the software that our customers use to keep their millions of customers happy.
At Zendesk we build customer service software that is easy enough for a one person startup to use yet powerful enough to support large enterprises. We believe that the best technology is beautifully simple, and intuitive and that our customers deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
What you get to do every day:
– Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
– Proactively turn open questions and curiosities into formal research plans
– Conduct independent research with a variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, in order to develop a deep understanding and empathy for users and customers
– Facilitate formative and summative user testing during key points in development
– Communicate research results across the organization to generate empathy and inspire design
– Be a creative contributor to our product design and development process
What you bring to the role:
BA/BS/MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field preferred
– 3+ years experience in applied product research for a commercial B2B, B2C, SaaS or Mobile products
– Proven experience designing studies that address user behavior and attitudes, fuel ideation, and formulate better understandings of user pain points
– Practical experience in managing contextual inquiry and a broad set of qualitative and user-centered methods that shed light on the psychology behind decisions
– Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
– Strong communication skills both written and verbal and ability to influence direction across all disciplines within the organization
– Good understanding of Agile product development practices
– Most importantly, a passion for helping to make great products
Preference will be given to candidates with a web application background or HCI and experience dealing with quantitative data
We will need a portfolio of your recent work demonstrating how your research influenced product design, and examples of qualitative and quantitative methods used to affect outcome.
Zendesk provides a customer service platform designed to bring organizations and their customers closer together. With more than 50,000 customer accounts, Zendesk is used by organizations in 140 countries to provide support in more than 40 languages. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.