The Knowledge Labs Service Designer will play a key role in supporting the expansion of the innovation capabilities of BSI. Knowledge Labs explores new products, services, processes and business models that can form key parts of our future value proposition to BSI’s customers.
The Designer will work on translating business challenges and product requirements, into user journeys, design concepts, user experience flows and mock-ups. The role’s primary focus will be to help us maximize speed to value and customer impact by using Lean Startup tools and developing experiments to validate the Desirability, Viability, and Feasibility of new value propositions.
The Designer will work in a small team of innovation-orientated product managers, in addition to collaborating very closely with other teams within the BSI business – Product, Standards Development, IT, Content Solutions, Sales, Marketing and Customer Support – to drive effective delivery of new product propositions, tools and processes to meet to meet customer expectations of a more rapid response to the development of standards.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the creation of ideas through communicating concepts and journeys
- Support the development and testing of prototype
- Translate business challenges and requirements into user journeys, design concepts and UX flows and mock-ups
- Working with the product team, undertake customer research to understand core customer needs to inform new features and value propositions
- Build wireframes, user journeys and interactive mock-ups to validate design and business assumptions for new product value propositions
- Contribute visual and interaction design for new and existing products
- Deliver designs that are informed by customer understanding, and find new ways to validate both the underlying assumptions and the efficiency of those designs in solving user problems
- Play a role in the growth of Knowledge Labs and the continued development of customer-centric innovation at BSI
- Work with teams throughout the business to implement and maintain a successful innovation programme for digital information solutions
- Help create a culture of innovation that extends beyond the Product team and informs future ways of working across the business
- Develop high quality presentations
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
As the leading global business standards company BSI helps over 84,000 clients worldwide to improve their businesses. From business continuity to recycling waste, from medical devices to the exploration of space, we help businesses embed the habits of excellence so that they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth and in doing so we touch the lives of many across the globe.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary with 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of collaborative design processes such as Design Sprints
- Experience designing products that can be used across desktop, tablet or phone
- Ability to balance detail and simplicity, to create experiences that users love
- Strong communicator of the rationale and goals underneath your design decisions
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping tools
- A “can do”, problem-solving approach
- Are constructively critical, willing to challenge and be challenged by others and looking for a way forward
- Digital design skills and a desire to discover and innovate
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be determined, self-motivated and able to work well as part of a cross-functional team
- A genuine interest in digital publishing, data and information services