We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team in London.
Made by Many is a new kind of consulting company. Experts of varied backgrounds, in technology, product design and business strategy, we’ve come together to help ambitious businesses differentiate and compete to become digital businesses.
We’ve proven our quality in the market over the last 11 years: 77 clients, 102 strategy projects, 76 products launched into the market in 14 countries. But it’s not all about the product; it’s about putting our clients into a stronger long-term position, to be able to compete more effectively. For every client, that’s a different problem. With every client we find a different solution.
We believe that, in a world of continuous change, the right strategy evolves through an early, educated assessment, followed by our process of making, testing and learning.
People Matter Most
We are searching for a Senior Product Designer who enjoys working across a wide spectrum of design – from user research and prototyping through to interaction and visual design, whilst working collaboratively in cross-discipline teams.
This role is suited to someone who has experience working with clients, senior stakeholders and users on vision through to delivery of projects. You should be comfortable collaborating closely with other disciplines from our clients and internal teams at all stages of the product process. Whether it’s delivering workshops or conducting field research, prototyping or scaling – you will be someone who loves thinking beyond the product.
At Made by Many you’ll be solving complex business and user problems, communicating product strategy and creating high quality experiences that help create change in our clients organisations.
You’ll be supported by a friendly, inclusive and world-class design team who have the autonomy to define and improve processes and care deeply about developing each others capabilities. A team that constantly pushes themselves and our clients to create universe denting products that meet the needs of our clients’ business as well as the needs of the end-user.
- You will participate in all types of projects from vision through to delivery as part of small cross-discipline teams of developers, product managers, strategists and clients.
- You will plan, manage and run user research alongside your team to understand user behaviour and identify needs.
- You will articulate key insights and translate them into testable artefacts like sketches, user flows or interactive prototypes to test assumptions and ideas.
- You will visualise complex systems or workflows into easy to understand formats that promotes understanding amongst client and internal teams.
- You will iterate prototypes into production ready designs for complex systems and services that consider the high level constraints of the user, technology, business and brand.
- You will communicate progress and product rationale to clients at all levels of seniority by designing and delivering presentations; or through dialogue on an ad-hoc basis.
- With the support of your team, you will design and facilitate workshops that unlock new thinking and bring our clients along their transformation journey.
- You will mentor, support and have the opportunity to line manage other designers.
Requirements and expectations
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your design process and core craft skills across a breadth of platforms, clients and project types.
- You have experience taking products to market by working collaboratively with developers, product managers or strategists in an agile and lean way.
- You have experience with design tools like pen, paper, keynote, sketch, invision or figma and can prioritise choosing the right tool at the right time.
- You can focus on the details whilst connecting yours and the teams work to an overarching strategic vision.
- You seek opportunities to learn and grow your hard and soft skills through feedback and self reflection.
- You are resilient and cope well with ambiguity, adapting your approach to changing project needs or new signals from the client, team or user.
- You are a clear communicator conveying vision and product strategy from a user’s perspective either verbally or through text.
- You are excited by a (non-traditional) consultancy environment, working for diverse clients, industries and problems.
- You are able to travel from time to time to meet our clients and their users.
Working with Us
Our people are at the top of their game – or they’re on their way there. They’re smart and kind. They’re skilled in an extraordinary range of technologies, processes, or ways of seeing, thinking and communicating. They enjoy working together in teams and celebrate the team’s success before their own. They’re comfortable with uncertainty or change and are happy to get to grips with a new business sector, an unfamiliar product type or a novel technical challenge. And they’re not afraid to stand up in front of their colleagues or a client and say what they believe in.
Our business is dynamic and adaptive, with an agile heartbeat, so it is best suited to those who enjoy working at pace. Our teams typically consist of a product manager, a designer and a software developer who collaborate with each other alongside a product owner from the client’s business. Collaboration, communication and co-operation are key to the way that our teams succeed so they are qualities we look for when we search for new team members. Our culture is inclusive and friendly – we like to hang out with each other and we enjoy doing the best work of our lives together.
Salary, Benefits, Location
Salary is negotiable, ranging from £50,000–£70,000 depending on experience.
- Annual discretionary bonus, based on company and individual performance
- 25 days holiday per annum (not including bank holidays). We usually close the office at Christmas too, which means extra holiday for everyone!
- An extra day of holiday on your birthday (happy birthday!)
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages
- Your choice of company mobile phone
- Mac laptop with admin rights and any other tech you need to do your job
- Investment in your continued professional development; whether it is formal training, conference attendance or just buying books — learning is important to us
- Regular company lunches, drinks, supper clubs and away days, as well as our summer party by the canal and Christmas beach party in Dorset
- POETS Fridays in July, August and September, where the office closes at 4 pm
- Beautiful office space next to Regent’s Canal in the heart of Islington (5 mins from Angel station)
- Kitchen and fridge stocked with breakfast and delicious healthy (and unhealthy!) snacks/ drinks to get you through the day
- Weekly lunchtime meditation, yoga sessions and a 5-side football teamBi-monthly subsidised chair massage
- Monthly tech meetups hosted at our office (http://www.frontendlondon.co.uk/)
- Three office dogs – Tilly, Bramble and Monty – who pop up now and again for a pat and a woof.
Location and Hours
The role is based at our office (Diespeker Wharf, 38 Graham St, London, N1 8JX) with the opportunity to work from home occasionally.
Our office hours are 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
What Happens Next?
Successful applicants will be invited to a short phone interview so that we can all get to know each other. Come to that call with a project to walk through at a high-level and some questions for us and we’ll do our best to answer them. Should you proceed to the next stage, we will invite you to an interview at our office. Come along with a portfolio of work and meet members of the team, talk to us about yourself and find out more about how we work and what makes us different.
Diversity and Inclusion at Made by Many
As a truly international company, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognise that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, perception and identification, ability, ethnic origin, age, lifestyle, neurodiversity and more. Building digital products that will have purpose and impact can only happen in teams which are truly representative. That’s why we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, gender, colour, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.
We want Made by Many to be the place where you do the best work of your life, so fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging really matters to us. We don’t have tribes, cliques and factions, depending on where you sit or what work you do. We eat lunch together, we hang out together, we win together and we learn together.
Made by Many is an ‘equal employment’ employer and a member of ‘Inclusive Employers’.