Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award-winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
The success of Railsbank has been purely down to the high-performance team who have an unwavering believe in a set of core values that unite us. Through building a team on core values means that we are also a diverse and inclusive team. For example, Railsbank are the only FinTech in the world with a 50:50 male:female employee ratio.
The team’s performance has been recognised through both customer successes and Railsbank winning many awards including being in the FinTech50 (Europe’s top 50 FinTech companies) for two years in a row.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for helping to build innovative products that delight our customers. You will lead cross-functional teams to manage products end-to-end in a collaborative effort between engineering, design, sales and operations teams.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Building a deep understanding of customers’ needs, defining our competitive positioning and keeping on top of broader industry developments
- Assisting in developing the vision and roadmap for the overall Railsbank offering and owning these for your specific products
- Working closely with developers to ensure delivery and make sure Railsbank provides the best technical experience possible for our customers
- Interacting with other internal team members and stakeholders (sales, partnerships, operations etc) as well as customers to gather input and information, communicate progress and manage delivery
- Getting your hands dirty and understanding the product in-and-out as the expert on the product
Railsbank is growing very rapidly, but remains a small company in which the team are required to contribute to many aspects of their departments’ roles in the wider business. The rate of change is very fast, and the role may also require work being undertaken, sometimes at short notice.
What we look for in your professional skills
You’re likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent, with excellent communication skills (across all media) and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
You will have:
- Significant product management experience (4+ years) – you have ideally built APIs or digital financial services at scale
- Deep understanding of technical platforms and digital financial services – you have worked in fintech, financial services (preferably challenger banks, payment schemes, cards or FX), or tech companies creating SaaS / PaaS products
- Leadership capabilities and excellent communication skills – you can earn the trust of people from different teams/backgrounds with a collaborative approach
- Strong sense of ownership and drive – you are able to think and execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environment while prioritising across multiple projects
- A passion for delighting customers, seeking user feedback and continuous product improvement
- Understanding of product management processes and agile ways of working – you can manage processes to help the team do its best work at different stages of growth
- Strong technical knowledge, are able to dive deep into technical discussions with engineers, capture and surface the key information
- A well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code.
- The capacity to adapt quickly and work with incomplete information or ambiguous situations
- A strong interest in data and experimentation; you approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- Understanding of compliance in a regulated financial environment is a plus
You are a team-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to talk easily to people at all levels.
You have good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment that is fun, but serious as well (we are responsible for other people’s money and we take this and our regulatory responsibilities very seriously).
Role location and hours
Unless agreed otherwise the role will be a full time role and you will be based in our London offices.
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, diversity, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.
Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.