Product Analyst / Business Analyst
Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award-winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
The success of Railsbank has been purely down to the high-performance team who have an unwavering believe in a set of core values that unite us. Through building a team on core values means that we are also a diverse and inclusive team. For example, Railsbank are the only FinTech in the world with a 50:50 male:female employee ratio.
The team’s performance has been recognised through both customer successes and Railsbank winning many awards including being in the FinTech50 (Europe’s top 50 FinTech companies) for two years in a row.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
As our Product Analyst, you will be responsible for gathering data, conducting market research and building business models which underpin our product and pricing decisions. You will also own product experimentation and measurement – helping to identify measures of success, design data-driven experiments and track progress on an ongoing basis. You will work closely within cross-functional teams in a collaborative effort.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Gathering data and conducting analysis on customers and suppliers
- Conducting market research to understand competitor offerings and regulatory developments
- Developing business models for potential new products and existing products to understand potential revenue, fixed/operating costs and unit economics
- Determining approaches to measure product success and designing/running experiments for different stages of the product (pre-launch, alpha, beta, etc)
- Help to inform and influence product prioritisation and pricing decisions based on the data and analysis conducted
- Developing a deep understanding of the product and how it works
- Interacting with other internal team members and stakeholders (sales, partnerships, operations etc) as well as customers to gather input and share updates
Railsbank is growing very rapidly, but remains a small company in which the team are required to contribute to many aspects of their departments’ roles in the wider business. The rate of change is very fast, and the role may also require work being undertaken, sometimes at short notice.
What we look for in your professional skills
You’re likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent, with excellent communication skills (across all media) and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
You will have:
- 2-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and other data analysis tools
- Previous fintech experience, worked for financial services (preferably challenger banks, payment schemes, cards or FX), or tech companies creating SaaS / PaaS products preferred
- A passion for data and experimentation; you approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- Experience and passion for developing the right metrics and data visualisations
- Strong sense of ownership and drive – you are able to execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environmentwhile prioritising across multiple projects
- The ability to think on your feet and successfully tackle intellectually challenging problems
- Strong communication skills – you can distil insights from complex data points and collaborate with a range of internal stakeholders
- Highly logical and disciplined approach, with good business sense – you know how to ask the right questions, make reasonable back-of-the-envelope assumptions and delve into technical detail where needed
- The capacity to adapt quickly and work with incomplete information or ambiguous situations
- A quantitative or business graduate or postgraduate degree
You are a team-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to talk easily to people at all levels.
You have good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment that is fun, but serious as well (we are responsible for other people’s money and we take this and our regulatory responsibilities very seriously).
Role location and hours
Unless agreed otherwise the role will be a full time role and you will be based in our London offices.
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, diversity, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.