Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award-winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
The success of Railsbank has been purely down to the high-performance team who have an unwavering believe in a set of core values that unite us. Through building a team on core values means that we are also a diverse and inclusive team. For example, Railsbank are the only FinTech in the world with a 50:50 male:female employee ratio.
The team’s performance has been recognised through both customer successes and Railsbank winning many awards including being in the FinTech50 (Europe’s top 50 FinTech companies) for two years in a row.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for making sure the technical aspects of our products are communicated to customers clearly, simply and delightfully. You will help us to create and enhance material which help Railsbank’s customers (including end users such as developers and product managers) to use our products with ease.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Turning complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling copy. And consider things like tone, clarity, and scannability along the way.
- Drafting or improving customer-facing API docs/guides, FAQs, release notes and other onboarding/support material.
- Collaborating with designers, researchers, product managers, marketers and engineers to exchange expertise and ideas.
- Help to shape tone of voice or style guidelines. And work with people across Railsbank to make sure we’re sticking to them.
- Adapt to different platforms, be they web-services, tutorials, user guides or notification and marketing emails, while still keeping things coherent.
- Map out content, based on things like user research and personas, to present the best possible experience.
- Write UI copy like headlines, labels, descriptions, calls to action, navigation labels, error messages, on-boarding flows and FAQs.
- Try out your ideas through user testing and research, to make sure they’re meeting real audience needs and are pitched at the right level.
- Identify, establish and promote guidelines, best practices, and standards to enhance the overall usability and user experience
Railsbank is growing very rapidly, but remains a small company in which the team are required to contribute to many aspects of their departments’ roles in the wider business. The rate of change is very fast, and the role may also require work being undertaken, sometimes at short notice.
What we look for in your professional skills
You’re likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent, with excellent communication skills (across all media) and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
You are a storyteller, you will be able to capture and communicate complex ideas, be a creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and Agile environment.
You’re passionate about content design and writing for users and audiences. You’ve got experience doing this for financial and/or API products and feel comfortable explaining its complexities in simple terms.
You think about the overall user journey. You consider how the right word choice can make all the difference. And you use tone and narrative flow to create a holistic and tight customer experience.
You are full of ideas and are eager on doing the extra step. You’re always ready to collaborate, trying out different styles, tones and approaches to get the very best results.
You’re enthusiastic and curious about the possibilities of digital writing. And you see every situation as a chance to learn something new. You’re hungry to learn and grow as develop great ideas for our audiences.
You will have:
- An expertise in demystifying complex jargon, processes and language into something everyone can understand.
- Previous fintech experience, worked for financial services companies, or tech companies creating SaaS / PaaS products
- Strong understanding of best practices in PaaS products – you know what good technical documentation looks like, you are self-motivated and can drive the production of technical documentation for a green-field SaaS/PaaS platform
- Good technical knowledge, are able to dive deep into technical discussions with engineers, capture and surface the key information into accessible content
- Strong sense of ownership and drive – you should be comfortable with a high cadence of deliverables and managing different deadlines, with an eye for prioritization
- 2-5 years of experience in technical writing, with a portfolio you’re proud to demonstrate
- A well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, Open API specification, and swagger
You are a team-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to talk easily to people at all levels.
You have good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment that is fun, but serious as well (we are responsible for other people’s money and we take this and our regulatory responsibilities very seriously).
Role location and hours
Unless agreed otherwise the role will be a full time role and you will be based in our London offices. Contract roles may be considered upon request.
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, diversity, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.
Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.