YACOB is an integrative nutrition management platform that brings together and creates the most efficient communication and operational flow between children, parents, schools and food vendors in the UAE.
YACOB’s mission is to enhance children’s health behaviours related to nutrition and physical activity both at home and at school. We do this through a combined family-centred and individual approach that, implicitly, is set to trigger a sense of wellbeing in the community.
We are the leader in online school food services and payments in the UAE (with expansion plans into the rest of the Middle East).
Our proven services and POS product is deployed across 65 schools and their multiple cafeterias; serving with over 10,500 students consuming circa 15,000 meals per day.
What really differentiates us from the pack is that we have combined deployment of a state of the art / localised POS technology into active schools and closed the loop with the nutritional content data of the food being consumed to develop a wellbeing dashboard that will be tailored to students.
With the potential to gather data from 75,000 students from our secured pool of customers and apply machine learning techniques to this data to further develop an AI wellness recommendation engine.
Based on holistic data ranging from children’s current health levels to their eating habits and physical activity patterns and up to sleeping and screen time balance – in correlation with the international standards set by the World Health Organization, we are developing an adaptive gamified framework in order to trigger children’s desire and determination to become healthier.
We are currently looking for a Product Lead who will guide us through the market in an ultimate effort to help fight childhood obesity and Diabetes. You will get the ownership of both the existing products but also creative freedom for how the future products will look like. You will get the full ownership of the whole product life-cycle.
- Collaborating directly with cross-functional teams to deliver products & features, including release planning and sprint backlog prioritization
- Building the business case behind product development efforts, serving as the “bridge” between our customers and development teams in product planning, development, and release
- Defining product vision and developing, maintaining, and executing a long-term product roadmap
- Engaging frequently with the development team; facilitating discussions, providing product requirements, user story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation
- Serving as key stakeholder in UI/UX, including high-level mockups/sketches
- Staying current on market trends, competitive analysis, and the needs of our customers to inform product strategy
- Working closely with the Founders
- Making sure the product is compliant with the data protection policies
- Domain-experience within health/fitness/food products
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Product Manager/Lead
- Experience building something from ground up
- Experience with System architecture & API integrations
- Deep knowledge of GDPR & data protection policies
- Working on a product that improves children’s nutrition & helps fight childhood obesity & diabetes
- Chance to join a great startup environment with like-minded people
- Competitive compensation package
- 50% off accommodation cost
- Full private healthcare package