HackerOne is seeking an experienced product designer to join our growing team. As a Senior Product Designer, you will take ownership for all parts of the design process, including problem definition, vision, approach, decisions, interaction design, user research and usability testing. You’ll work hand in hand with our founders, product managers, and engineers to drive the product forward.
The ideal candidate is creative, innovative, and has the leadership and organization skills to plan and execute initiatives designed to improve the overall product experience.
You will work with product and development teams primarily based in San Francisco and the Netherlands.
The position reports to the Design Manager and is based in Groningen, Netherlands. HackerOne will cover relocation and visa processing costs for non local candidates.
WHO WE ARE
HackerOne’s design team focuses on creating great user-friendly experiences. We are a diverse team of designers, UX engineers and product managers who collaborate closely to learn and create innovative and usable product for our users.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own the entire design process from start through implementation including user research, wireframes, prototypes, and detail oriented visual designs for development teams
- Champion and develop a cohesive visual aesthetic for HackerOne that extends across all user-facing interfaces
- Identify and communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns with software development
- Pivot between contributing to high-level product decisions and understanding the low-level implications of those decisions
- Work closely with product managers and developers to design product experiences that users love
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer at a fast-growing software company
- Strong understanding of UX and product interaction problems
- Experience in conducting user research and gathering user feedback
- Strong history working with product management and development teams
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with writing copy for all aspects of product design
- 1 or more years of experience designing SaaS products
WHAT WE DO
HackerOne was started by hackers and security leaders who are driven by a passion to make the internet safer. HackerOne is now the #1 hacker-powered security platform, helping organizations find and fix critical vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. We partner with the global hacker community to surface the most relevant security issues of our customers before they can be exploited by criminals. More than 1,000 organizations, including the U.S. Department of Defense, General Motors, Google Play, Twitter, GitHub, Nintendo, Panasonic Avionics, Qualcomm, Starbucks, and Dropbox, trust HackerOne to find critical software vulnerabilities. HackerOne is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, New York, the Netherlands, and Singapore.
As a team, we believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration and community. We believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience.