Reporting into the Lead Product Owner, as a Senior Product Owner at Arcadia you will be responsible for defining what our teams build from definition to implementation and optimisation.
You will understand how your products fit against overall vision and strategy and determine the best opportunities to deliver against objectives and key results.
You will work with user experience, technology and business colleagues to define the detail of what needs to be delivered, along with the prioritisation of those elements.
Identify opportunities for quick multivariate testing to drive optimisation, or for iterative improvement based on evidence and customer understanding. This is an exciting time to join Arcadia’s product development teams as we are investing significantly to ensure we deliver the best possible experience for our customer’s individual needs.
- Work with colleagues from UX and data insight teams to build a deep understanding of the customer and their needs
- Work with brand stakeholders to understand what our brands have in common, where they are different, and where they sit in the wider industry
- Work with colleagues from engineering to harness the latest technology in order to build amazing customer experiences
- Define and prioritise a product backlog based on product vision, customer needs and business value
- Define the best way to deliver value at pace by validating assumptions with users or multivariate testing
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Arcadia’s brands and key stakeholders
- Represent the voice of the customer, the business and stakeholders to the team on a day-to-day basis
- Communicate opportunities, progress and issues across the business as appropriate
- Work with the wider Product and UX team to continually improve ways of working and practices
- Mentor more junior team members and stand-in for the Lead product owner when required
- Assist with the recruitment of new team members when required
Skills & Experience
- Experience and deep understanding of the role of a product owner within an agile product development team
- Understand the difference between delivering outcomes rather than output
- Experience of UX best practices and digital technologies
- Good understanding of eCommerce and the commercial realities of digital retailing
- An understanding of working in a ‘Group’ culture – we are a matrix environment operating across different brands
- Experience of prioritising when work from other teams is required to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyse data and research findings
With over 1,100 stores, over 24,000 staff and an estimated £2.7 billion turnover, there’s no doubting the fact that Arcadia Group is an established powerhouse on the UK high street.
There are seven brands – Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis and out of town shopping concept, Outfit.