Why Work For Simple?
Simple is a company with a mission – to radically redesign the consumer banking experience. We believe in treating customers as we’d like to be treated, and in helping folks get control over their financial lives. We’re looking to invest in smart, collaborative people who will learn and thrive during periods of rapid change.
You’ll get to help shape a team that’s planning to double in size and then double again, all while broadening the scope and usage of a beautifully designed product with incredible customer service. If organizing an organization is something you’ve always wanted to do, then we just might have a job for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* You’ll work with the rest of the Product team to create and refine our metrics and goals.
* You’ll work with teams across the company as you figure out their needs and determine how well those needs align with our company goals.
* You’ll create, update, and maintain a backlog of user stories and success criteria reflecting the real-world needs of our users and our business.
* You’ll remain laser-focused on our goals and metrics as you prioritize those user stories and help determine how best to satisfy them.
* You’ll collaborate with our Product Design and User Research teams to make sure we’re building the right things the right way.
* You’ll make data-driven decisions based on the performance of our products.
* You’ll help update and implement the prioritization and product development processes as we grow, introducing just the right amount of process for the size of the organization.
* You’ll act as product owner and facilitator on interdisciplinary teams responsible for getting great products into the hands of our customers.
* You’ll work on a range of products and features addressing customer, product, and business needs.
What We’re Looking For:
* Demonstrated experience collaborating and communicating with others from a variety of teams, at a variety of levels.
* Strong time management and prioritization skills, for your own time and for others’.
* The ability to communicate effectively and concisely, in all mediums.
* Two to five years product management (or equivalent) experience with web or mobile technology products. Experience taking a product from conception to launch to optimization is a big plus.
* Comfort with a data-driven approach to prioritization and product management. Previous experience is a big plus. Passion for learning more about this is a must.
* The emotional intelligence to bring parties with different perspectives into agreement.
* Experience writing user stories and working effectively using agile methodologies is a plus.
* Experience product managing consumer-facing products is a plus.
* A passion for learning and growing your skills.
* A positive, solution-minded attitude.
* A quality human being – we like and respect each other.
What Else Can We Tell You?
We’re looking for candidates who are excited about both the company’s mission and this important role. Simple offers competitive salaries and great benefits. We’re a supportive, nurturing place to work, committed to improving our employees’ quality of life. We believe in your growth, so we encourage and subsidize conference participation and continuing education. Just like you, we’re passionate about our work, and can get pretty nerdy about it sometimes.
We know our industry has a diversity problem. By joining Simple, you’ll help us actively address this by supporting a diverse, inclusive workplace, and participating in industry initiatives to this effect. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you’re on the fence about whether to apply or not, we say go for it!
Please include a cover letter telling us something awesome about you and the projects you’ve worked on, along with the best product management book you’ve ever read, regardless of claimed subject. (You like “Design of Everyday Objects?” So do we.) Applications without a cover letter won’t be considered.
Remote work is available.
Please apply at: http://banksimple.theresumator.com/apply/z5ux06/Product-Manager.html