15Five is seeking an experienced VP of Product Management to join our Senior Leadership team. Our ideal candidate brings a wealth of Product Management Leadership capabilities, experience growing and guiding a team of exceptional Product Managers, and a consistent track record of success in fast-growth design-led organisations shipping B2B SaaS products at Enterprise scale. Equally important, we are seeking candidates who authentically live and breath the 15Five values and are inspired by our vision to unlock the potential of the global workforce.
This role is based in our New York office (but we are open to considering remote applicants on the East Coast) and will report to our VP Design (previously VP Product) for a 3 month onboarding period. After this time, you will report to the CEO.
Key Areas of Focus
- Product Strategy
- Product Management
- Product Operations & KPIs
- Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of 15Five’s goals and objectives
- Develop product strategy and roadmap based on market intelligence, customer feedback, differentiating capabilities, and close collaboration with Customer-Facing and Go-to-Market teams.
- Work very closely with Engineering and Design Leadership to define and execute the product strategy
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet needs for a hyper-growth company, while creating scalable solutions, and simultaneously pre-empting future customer needs
- Deeply understand our existing customers, future customers, our product, and our business strategies.
- Participating in the Senior Leadership team (after onboarding period), and helping provide guidance to the company as a whole.
- Lead and nurture the 15Five Product Development team in becoming thought-leaders in the tech world for both Product Management and Positive Product Design.
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Managers, while creating and evolving the ideal organizational setup
- Passion and flare for hiring, managing high potential talent and bringing exceptional Product Managers to 15Five
- Managing between 10 – 25 Product Managers (both directly, and in-directly)
- Grow and lead 15Fives’ Product Management Team by providing guidance, oversight, and mentorship
- Develop a structure for career progression for all members of the Product Management team at 15Five
- Be responsible for the leadership development of several Group Product Managers within the team
- Coaching and providing feedback on your team’s performance, helping to develop clear career goals, growth opportunities, and action plans on how to achieve them
- Help your team to communicate clearly and distinctly, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business stakeholders
- Evaluate and implement best in class product development processes, tools and practices to promote growth
Product Operations & KPIs
- Own departmental financial planning and budget
- Identify key engagement and performance metrics across all 15Five platforms, and develop long term strategies to improve them and tell the true story of 15Five with data
- Conduct comprehensive analyses to determine which key metrics we are missing when making strategic product decisions
- Define and support the creation and maintenance of comprehensive dashboards and reporting to track all engagement and other relevant product KPIs across all products and platforms
- Prepare reporting packs for the Senior Leadership Team (weekly) and the board (quarterly) to clearly indicate 15Fives engagement and customer satisfaction
Required Experience and Attributes
- Genuine passion for 15Five’s mission and vision
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- 10+ years experience in high-performance product teams
- 3+ years experience as a Product Management Leader where you helped scale Product Management inside a 150+ person company
- Demonstrable successes in both launching new products and scaling existing products
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on strategic business goals
- You understand how the importance of delivering value to customers often and balancing the need of quality vs speed
- Direct experience with B2B SaaS and scaling a product to support Enterprise customer needs
- Experience launching new products in competitive markets
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health
- Experience with agile product development using squad or tribe structures
- You have managed a distributed team across multiple timezones and know how to collaborate remotely
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 2,000 + more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity.
Check out these links to learn more about 15Five –