We’re looking for a commercially-minded Product Manager to join us. You’ll build the foundations of great product practice, and help us build a strong product-oriented culture within the company.
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users – and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
You’ll establish our direction and priorities, then you’ll take ownership of ensuring we’re building the right things with good velocity and strong feedback loops.
You’ll spend most of your time:
- Building & managing the roadmap for one of our products
- Partnering with customers and customer-facing teams to understand our users’ & prospective users’ needs, gather their requirements and feedback, and prioritise these
- Producing clear, well-scoped product requirements to help our engineers understand what problems we’re solving, & how best to achieve our objectives
- Working with our engineering teams to ensure predictable velocity, balancing feature development with quality and internal requirements
- Getting input and alignment from conception to successful users: you’ll work with engineering and product marketing right through to sales
- Defining and analysing metrics so that we understand customer behaviour, and to ensure that what we deliver achieves the business outcomes we need
- Communicating roadmap and priorities internally: ensuring alignment from engineering to product marketing to sales
- Working closely with product marketing to ensure our go-to-market narrative ties into our key edge differentiators and strategic goals
There will also be lots of areas where you’re able to have an outsized impact on the direction of the company:
Product Strategy: In partnership with the founders, Joe & Tim, you’ll create and refine a long-term product strategy that marries our edge platform advantages with the needs we’re seeing from existing and potential future customers.
Market Position: Through research of the market, our technological advantages, and the competitive landscape, you’ll help shape what an industry-leading product can be for us.
Product Culture: As our first dedicated product manager, there’s lots of scope to determine how the product discipline should work at Permutive. You’ll have input on how we build the product team, including how and who we hire.
You should apply if:
- You’ve had proven success managing a B2B product before
- You’ve had accountability for the product’s influence on a core company metric (e.g. ARR, churn, net retention)
- You are a clear, empathetic communicator with a range of audiences, from sales to engineering to customers
- You’re happiest when working in short, iterative, feedback-driven cycles
- You’re excited about developing processes from scratch
- You enjoy building effective relationships across organisations and getting consensus on objectives
We aim to pay in the 70th percentile and make offers based on your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process. We’re open-minded on the level we hire this role at, hence the broad salary range.
For a typical candidate with a few years’ experience plus most of our requirements we would likely pay £85,000 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience leading product teams, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to £100,000 + options.
Benefits & Perks
- Clear levelling and progression frameworks to aid development and growth, with regular pay reviews throughout
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited holiday
- Options grant so you have shared ownership: you’ll own a piece of the pie!
- Exposure to all areas to the business, including our founders, Joe and Tim
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly all-day socials
- A team lunch, on us, every Friday