Firefly is the essential foundation for powering today’s modern learning experience. Firefly’s Modern Learning Experience Platform liberates teachers to innovate for greater impact in the classroom and beyond. One of the ways we can enable this is to provide school leaders with the best tools to transform learning.
Schools are increasingly adopting technology, both in the classroom and across the entire learning experience. However, since learning is a messy process, and no class is ever the same, schools need more from technology than the solution provided by traditional platforms. Firefly helps schools transform education through our modern learning experience platform. At its core is our learning experience platform, giving schools a holistic and real-time view across students, classes and year groups. In turn, this enables them to engage parents more effectively through continuous reporting, and to make informed and insights-driven decisions on how to support students and teachers.
Firefly is already a globally established player in the market with hundreds of thousands of students benefiting from what we do. But we have even greater ambitions to help every student reach their full potential. We’re at a pivotal point in what we do, with big plans for our product and exciting opportunities ahead of us.
As Product Manager you translate Firefly’s business goals, product vision and strategy into goals for you and your squad. You will work closely with the squad’s Engineering Lead and will be responsible for improving Firefly’s product within your cross-functional squad’s mission. You will work collaboratively with researchers, designers and engineers and customer facing teams to improve the user experience and develop features which solve pervasive problems for existing and potential clients.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the education market and competitor landscape as well as our existing and potential partners and customers, their pains and problems.
- Methodically record, analyse and translate customer feedback into actionable insight, user stories and requirements.
- Align your squad around strategic goals and a respective product roadmap.
- Plan and execute the product roadmap based on a prioritised backlog.
- Identify and break down problems into clear and concise requirements.
- Communicate with and ensure alignment across all stakeholders and the rest of the business.
- At least 4 years of experience in digital product management positions, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- You have previously worked in an agile environment with a product, tech, service or UX Design team.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong self-organization and prioritization of tasks in an analytical manner.
- Ability to work independently in a result-oriented way.
- Preferably technical background.
- Passionate about education.
All of the above are desired but not necessarily required to be a successful candidate for the role so please do apply even if you don’t meet all of them.