Full-time Employee – Eastern USA or Eastern Canada
QCon* – an established, global leader in software developer conferences – is looking for a Stand-Out Conference Content Product Manager, to help drive the content curation and attendee/speaker experience for our conferences in London, New York, San Francisco – and new locations. (*QCon Conferences are owned by C4Media, Inc., Toronto, Canada)
You are someone who is motivated by playing an important role in helping accelerate software development in the world. You enjoy interacting with well-known software developers who are working on cool, new technologies. You are constantly looking to improve the conference content to maximize attendee experience and to create a conference attendees love. You roll-up your sleeves and you enjoy working with a team of highly engaged & passionate staff who work remotely, who live in 14 different countries and who meet in-person several times per year.
To be successful in this job you must be: encouraging, observant, perceptive, dependable, empathetic, team-focused, reliable, detail-oriented, analytical, methodical, logical, realistic, practical, organized, and objective.
You must be proficient in skills such as project management and time-line management and be fluent in written & spoken English. You must have an affinity for technology and stay in touch with current trends, be highly productive working in a remote environment, be a critical thinker and be able to travel internationally 3-5 times per year for a duration of up to 4-8 days.
Your experience has to include:
- A minimum of 3 years in product management in a technical field (software preferred), or equivalent in coaching/facilitating technical teams.
- A minimum of 2 years working in a remote environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- You must be able to work in a team that has core values of Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Service and Continuous Improvement.
- Join an amazing global team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and backgrounds from Canada, Romania, USA, Brazil, UK, and Argentina.
- Work remote from anywhere, 100% of staff work from home. The teams are spread across 4 continents and have a great company culture! Your home base can be anywhere on the east side of the US (Midwest or East Coast), or Canada (Midwest, Toronto or Montreal).
- Report directly to the President of QCon / C4Media.
- Competitive salary and benefits package. We provide up to 30 paid days off per calendar year after the first year with us (25 days in the first year).
- Keep Learning. We offer reimbursement for continued growth and mastery of competencies related to your career path.
- Annual travel to NYC, SF, London, and other global locations for conferences and team building.
- The annual company all-hands: Visit a new country every year with your colleagues.
Apply for the role: https://c4media.workable.com/jobs/1128231
San Francisco 2019 edition
Photos from our events
The QCon experience (video)
Social pages: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Events Code of Conduct
Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
Company profile on Glassdoor
Corporate careers page