The Product Strategist at Modus is responsible for bringing best practices product management techniques to our client organizations.
They will be representing the product in client engagements and working with UX and the development team to ensure goals and expectations are met.
The Product Strategist is in charge for the successful delivery of our client’s digital products.
- Owning product and design/UX initiatives
- Creating strong partnership with client on vision and product
- Run workshops for goal setting, feature discovery, innovation, opportunity analysis, etc.
- Define and document product vision, roadmap and opportunities
- Setting clear goals and tracking progress through KPIs, OKRs
- Being responsible for profitability of project(s)
- Making critical product decisions and strategic/tactical project decisions
- Prioritizing features and backlogs
- Planning releases and managing deliverables
- Driving user understanding by utilizing research and the UX team and using it to craft a product that meets the client needs and reduces risk
- Writing requirements through clear user stories, epics and making sure these are clearly understood by the team
- User acceptance testing to ensure the requirements are met
- Ensuring successful delivery of software project
- Researching and analyzing market and competition
- Looking for opportunities to grow Modus partnership within the client
- Doing concepting, MVP planning, opportunity analysis
- Managing business analyst(s) or junior product strategists
- 5+ years experience in a product owner or product manager position
- Strong business sense and enterprise experience
- Good English language skills
- Able to travel, likely to Germany
- Ability to lead initiative(s)
- Strong product management skills
- Experience working in pre-conceptual environments to determine opportunities, problems and propose solutions
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Solid organizational and administrative skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
- Solid written and visual communication
- Ability to work closely with globally distributed team members
- Understanding of mobile and web products
- Strong interpersonal communication (particularly via video, phone, email, and chat)
- Familiarity with UX research, LEAN validation
- Creative, strategic thinking
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Understanding of product management tools, such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, FullStory, Optimizely/Optimize or Pendo
About Modus Create
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation.
We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery.
Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 5 years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington DC area two years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs.
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership, including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.