About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans – all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
In a nutshell, we’re on the lookout for someone who is passionate about Product and about helping other Product Managers to fulfil their potential. If that sounds like you, read on!
At SF, you’ll have some big challenges on your plate. These challenges are aimed squarely at our mission and they’re challenges for which we don’t know the answer – the dream for every Product Manager. We’re looking to test entirely new concepts, succeed where others have failed, help people in new geographies and much more. It’s all to play for.
It’ll be quite the adventure but don’t worry, you won’t be alone! You’ll be leading a small team of SF Product Managers – and you’re in luck because they’re great. Smart, energetic, dedicated and frankly lovely, SF Product Managers are an exceptional bunch – and you’ll have an amazing opportunity on your hands to help them flourish.
As a Senior PM here, it’s not all about leadership – you’ll be rolling up your sleeves too. You’ll no doubt find yourself conducting early-stage user research, running design sprints, crunching data, leading partnership conversations, working with internal stakeholders, helping with requirements and much more.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have spent at least three years as a Product Manager or equivalent, however if you have other super-relevant experience but haven’t quite done your time in Product, we’re open-minded.
- You know how to work with Product Designers, gather requirements, lead successful meetings, collaborate with partners and assess features against business objectives.
- You have a sense of what works and what doesn’t but you’re always open to new ideas and testing your own thinking; you’re comfortable with that need to re-learn and re-validate.
- You care deeply about helping your team to grow and perform at their best. If you’re not curious about the way in which people work together and grow individually and collectively, this role isn’t for you. If you don’t have much experience leading teams, that’s OK – a lot of this is about attitude, not just experience.
- You are fascinated by products. Good products make you go a bit weak at the knees. Bad products ruin your day and you work out ways to make sure that we don’t make the same mistakes.
- You are empathetic and enjoy working together with colleagues and customers.
- You love getting down into the nuts and bolts of a problem – be that figuring out how a feature might work technically or how it may contribute commercially.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You delight in solving problems for clients, going above and beyond to help and assist in any way that you can.
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complicated issues in a clear and simple way.
- You have delivered world-class products and features before.
- You have previously worked in a startup.
- You have experience with tools like Jira, LucidChart, Excel, Optimizely.
What you’ll do
- Own one or more business objectives from a Product perspective.
- Get close to our users, understand their needs and evaluate which needs we can meet to help deliver our objectives.
- Facilitate the rapid creation and testing of amazing solutions while working with stakeholders across the business.
- Guide validated ideas through the build process – working with the Development Team and stakeholders across the business.
- Measure the impact of new features and products.
- Support your team, helping them to achieve their full potential and their goals.
- Help the Product Team become an inspiring place to create brilliant products.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Great career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, 25 days holiday, life assurance, an extra day off on your birthday, an allowance to personalise other benefits such as private medical insurance, gym membership, and DenPlan, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every tuesday, fresh fruit twice a week, cycle to work scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, dynamic working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.