PRODUCT DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Bloom & Wild is looking for a Product Director to join the leadership team/report to their Founder/CEO. The person would head up all Product and UX activity, own the tech roadmap, and manage and grow their existing developer team (currently 7 developers). Their core responsibilities will be to drive conversion, retention and virality across our mobile apps and web properties.
WHO ARE WE?
Bloom & Wild is using technology to re-imagine flowers. Our ambition is to create the best possible experience of buying and receiving flowers and in doing so to become the UK’s most loved flower brand. The UK and global flower gifting markets are huge, and we think they would be much bigger with a better mobile and online experience.
Bloom & Wild launched to the public in September 2013, and recently closed a Series A investment round led by MMC Ventures. Our iPhone app, Android app and overall service are consistently 5-star rated, meaning that we are already the UK’s top rated online florist. We have had widespread national press coverage.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Define our product and tech roadmap across iOS, Android, web and internal/supplier-facing functions
• Leverage existing and new analytics solutions to prioritise features based on impact on core business metrics
• Champion major new features e.g. 90-minute express delivery
• Manage our team of 7 developers, plus our design and QA functions, and grow the development team as required to deliver our ambitions
• Report directly to our CEO and serve as part of our management team
• 8 years+ Product experience
• Consumer facing startup experience including mobile apps
• Launched and scaled household name consumer internet products in an agile environment
• Strong analytical mindset and experience improving key financial and business metrics
• Experience managing and inspiring developers
• Great degree from a leading university
• Bloom & Wild is based in the fashionable Chelsea Design Quarter (between Fulham Broadway and Imperial Wharf).
• All candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English and have the right to work in the UK.
• We are looking for candidates who are available to start as soon as possible.
• Please include a CV and examples of your previous work as part of your application.